• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tcl 20xe questions

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
the wife has the tcl 20xe phone and it has that little man in the bottom whre the home back and previous icons are at. how do i turn that thing off?

also she somehow managed to take about all the icons off the home screens and o got mot of them back but i need to get the apps icon back so she can tap that and then see all her apps. she has a buch and only a few on the 3 home screens pages.

and can this this phone use any of the side buttons to answer the phone. she has no conductivity in her and she can't get the phone to answer. i set up the phone button so she can tap it but for some reason it failsher. some phones have the option to use the power or volume buttons to answer the phone and maybe end calls.

so if anyone has some help for these please send that along to me thanks much

the wife has the tcl 20xe phone and it has that little man in the bottom whre the home back and previous icons are at. how do i turn that thing off?

also she somehow managed to take about all the icons off the home screens and o got mot of them back but i need to get the apps icon back so she can tap that and then see all her apps. she has a buch and only a few on the 3 home screens pages.

and can this this phone use any of the side buttons to answer the phone. she has no conductivity in her and she can't get the phone to answer. i set up the phone button so she can tap it but for some reason it failsher. some phones have the option to use the power or volume buttons to answer the phone and maybe end calls.

so if anyone has some help for these please send that along to me thanks much
little man? can you post a screen shot?

you are looking for the app draw button. did she delete that as well? not familiar with the phone. maybe try a different launcher like nova. you can customize the dock where the app drawer button is.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
little man? can you post a screen shot?

you are looking for the app draw button. did she delete that as well? not familiar with the phone. maybe try a different launcher like nova. you can customize the dock where the app drawer button is.
thanks i tried to put it in the lower section in the app drawer and i just do not see it. she could have deleted it i guess but when i go into apps i see tons of apps but i do not really know what that icon should be called in the apps section. i found one called launcher but it does not look like my apps icon mine looks like the icon with 9 dots in it thanks

Upvote 0
ok i put the nova on her phone and set it into the app drawer area for her. i set it to lock the screen cut it did not lock the icons she has a habit of holding the icons and then swiping them and this is how i believe she lsot half the icons. she swiped them into never never land. i will ahve to play with that nova to see if it will lock the apps on the home screen so she can't mess with them. she does that because in her mind she has to tape the phone icon and give it a fast swipe to answer the phone and then it rings out as she can't get the swipe to work. i set it up to just tap the icon like all the rest that you just tap. now to see if it works. Thanks

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
ok i put the nova on her phone and set it into the app drawer area for her. i set it to lock the screen cut it did not lock the icons she has a habit of holding the icons and then swiping them and this is how i believe she lsot half the icons. she swiped them into never never land. i will ahve to play with that nova to see if it will lock the apps on the home screen so she can't mess with them. she does that because in her mind she has to tape the phone icon and give it a fast swipe to answer the phone and then it rings out as she can't get the swipe to work. i set it up to just tap the icon like all the rest that you just tap. now to see if it works. Thanks
if you bought the prime key for nova, under the advanced settings you cam lock the homescreen so that nothing gets moved or deleted from the screen. you can also back up and restore your nova settings. this comes in handy when you buy a new phone. you can just move the backup to the new phone and have nova restore you launcher settings.

the prime key is called Nova Prime and is a one time payment, but it unlocks so many features.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
i do not see anything that will do that. i tried all the home screen settings and the app drawers and nothing will put that apps icon anyplace on the screen. i do not even see it in the apps. but to be fair on mya21 i do not see an icon in the apps that looks like the icon on my apps drawer that whn i tap it it shows all the apps that are on the phone. thanks

Upvote 0
i have the home screen set up with the app drawer but i still do not see the normal apps icon the one that has the 9 dots in it. but i put that nova on it and that seems to be doing the job. she may have swiped that icon off the system as one said. when she answers the phone she touches the phone icon and swipes it so hard and fast that she about sends the phone across the room. it seems she sees others do that and copies them. i set up the phone icon in the app drawer so all she has to do is tap it and it answers the phone or to send a message tap that message icon. just linkt the other apps. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones