• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tea is better than Coffee

I desire my coffee every morning and don't know that I've missed having a cup or more daily for the last 60 years. Before I retired, I would drink coffee all day. Now enjoying retirement, it is an AM exclusive beverage. My afternoons I will enjoy an adult beverage if I have anything to drink. From my evening meal until I go to bed it is always Iced tea. I enjoy both coffee and tea dark and robust without any flavorings.

I have ignored this topic "Tea is better than coffee" for a bit now and have only one thing to say.

Tea is better than coffee as long as it's iced.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I have a question, i have a buddy that keeps his coffee grinds in the freezer and he says it makes his coffee taste fresher.... i know i used to keep my extra cig packs in the freezer for freshness. I was just wondering if anyone else does this ?
I don't. Now that most all freezers are frost free, they are designed to take the moisture out of the air. I think that would have a negative effect on storing tobacco and coffee. I keep my pipe tobacco in my little beer fridge. It is not frost free so there is always a certain amount of moisture within. Tobacco really should be stored in a controlled humidity environment such as a humidor produces. I suspect coffee would be best kept at some sort of humidity level for long term storage as well.

Upvote 0
In this day of modern science, they make packages of a substance that will keep a product at a particular humidity. What I have seen claims to both absorb excess humidity or add to the amount of humidity to keep a product at a given percentage and can be purchased at different humidity levels. If it truly works, it would be excellent for tobaccos. I have a humidor as well though I don't use it. It is old school with a chalk block to be soaked in water. I found the best method of adding moisture to pipe tobacco is to add a couple of slices of apple to a zip-lock bag filled with tobacco. It adds moisture and adds a bit of flavor in the process.

Upvote 0
In this day of modern science, they make packages of a substance that will keep a product at a particular humidity. What I have seen claims to both absorb excess humidity or add to the amount of humidity to keep a product at a given percentage and can be purchased at different humidity levels. If it truly works, it would be excellent for tobaccos. I have a humidor as well though I don't use it. It is old school with a chalk block to be soaked in water. I found the best method of adding moisture to pipe tobacco is to add a couple of slices of apple to a zip-lock bag filled with tobacco. It adds moisture and adds a bit of flavor in the process.

That's like if your weed is drying out , you put a leaf of lettuce in the bag to re-moisturize it.

Upvote 0
That's like if your weed is drying out , you put a leaf of lettuce in the bag to re-moisturize it.
I think the product is heavily influenced by the growing weed industry. It would have to be ideal for cut tobacco as well... if it works as billed. I never heard of the lettuce in the pot trick. I bet it works just like the apple slices. Smoking lettuce is legal in Kansas. :)

Reactions: Bearsyzf
Upvote 0
Yeah with Tea bags you are used to different types of flavors, as well as different types of milk and cream you can pour in, with the same manner as coffee, yet we both know how to use hot water for both. And Tea can really heal your moods up, sure coffee has some benifets with that as well. still tea is the upper level of taste, under ice, chilled,bubbles et all.

Upvote 0
w14-jpg.513006

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones