• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TeamViewer Free VS Splashtop

Hey guys, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a great New Year!

Just curious as to your choices here and why?

I would like to know your thoughts on Splashtop droid app (Free from Amazon today, I love their daily free app from their app store!!!) vs Teamviewer Free remote desktop apps. Has anyone tried them both? Does anyone have a preference? If so why and what would make one better then the other? I certainly have used both and can't really figure out which one I like better, so I wanted to get some opinions from a wider audience. All posts much appreciated!

I hope you all have a great 2012!!

Thanks!

Yeah sorry, I posted this from a post I put on another site a few days ago, it was the free app of the day a few days ago, sorry for any confusion. I have teamviewer set up on all my machines right now, and I like it but the one thing I don't like it that each machine is given a ID number so unless I remember the ID numbers for each machine I find it a little difficult to hit the correct machine I want my droid to connect to, the Splashtop app actually lists the machines on my droid via IP addr which is a little easier for me. I am not sure but there maybe a way to allocate the ID numbers to the machines a little easier? Dunno, yet. But again, sorry for the confusion the splashtop app was the app of the day like 2 or 3 days ago when I downloaded it so I just wanted to see what other people thought of the two apps verses my thoughts of them. So far on both fourms I posted each reply seems to be liking teamviewer better so if you can tell me if there is a way to identify the machines I am wanting to connect to other then the 9 digit number, that would put teamviewer at the top of the list between the two. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
I havent checked yet cause Im doing like 100 things but is it free to set up the teamviewer acct? Thanks for the info btw. I ask about the free aspect because I had to close my paypal account do to a bankruptcy I'm about to go through and I am losing my house due to an ailment and I can not work anymore :( Thanks again for the info, much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Splashtop is not the free app of the day today...perhaps it was a few days ago.

That said, I use teamviewer because there's a portable version of it that can be used on any PC.
It was free a couple days ago. But it's also free on Get.jar. (Was just browsing and found that out heh.) Though I wouldn't recommend leaving the Get.jar market installed after grabbing your apps.

Upvote 0
I tried Teamviewer a while back. Kept getting message "for personal use only", acting like I was using it for business. I was checking things on my work PC, moving files... so I wasn't sure if I would get a big bill from them, so I uninstalled.

I installed Splashtop when it was free. Have it on my home and my work PC and can sign into either from anyplace I have wifi (as long as PC is on). You only need 1 ID to control all. I just signed into work (I had logged out there), I could log back in, and pretty much do anything. Both Teamviewer and Splashtop are a little "choppy", but Splashtop seems smoother and better graphically. Not sure if I'll use it much, but when in a bind at home and I need a document off my work PC, it's easy to grab!

Upvote 0
I tried Teamviewer a while back. Kept getting message "for personal use only", acting like I was using it for business. I was checking things on my work PC, moving files... so I wasn't sure if I would get a big bill from them, so I uninstalled.

LOL Sorry not laughing at ya, but no you will not receive a bill from them for using their free app, that is their way of advertising and to remind you that the free version is for private use only and not for commercial business use. By no means would they send you a bill for it's use. The worst they could do if they found you using it against it's EULA would be to some how lock you out if you signed up for the free account services or they could "sue" for it's license fees but I doubt VERY highly that would happen as the cost of the suit for someone using it as you did would cost them WAY more then the licences fees. So don't worry about that. Almost all applications which have a free side and a business version will always remind you in some way that it is for non-commercial use only, check out any anti virus application that has a free version and a pay version for corporate use. They will remind you that you are using it for personal use only ect ect...

Also AndroidSPCS Thank you VERY much for your kind words. It means alot to me and as soon as I hear any good news as to if and when I get the transplant, I will let you all know!! Thanks again!!

Upvote 0
Awesome, thanks for the update and thank you very much for your kind words, it means alot to me when I meet people with civility :) I'm in the midst of end stage liver disease so, if you could wish me luck for a liver transplant I would thank you from the bottom of my heart :) It would mean the world to me!

Really, really praying for you...

Reactions: enduser2941
Upvote 0
Hey man, just stumbled upon this old thread. How ru feeling? How did the transplant go? Any updates?

Hey! Thanks for asking! I'm feeling pretty good and actually they have been studying and testing me for quite sometime now and they actually halted any and all transplant preps because some how by the miracle of god, my liver function started returning and my last blood work it was creating all the correct enzymes and my blood levels for them have stumped my Dr's because they are almost normal and they don't know why, although my liver is still more then 2 times it's normal size which is causing me a lot of pain. As of now, they took me off the list, and with another miracle I may never need one. :D:D:D While no one has a clue how this happened, I am not complaining or questioning other then making sure that they just aren't smoking something. All I know is that I haven't felt this good since before I got sick 4 years ago, though the complications from the damage are evident and I may have them for the rest of my life. I sincerely hope at this point, that life is a long one!

I can't thank you enough for thinking about me though! That was a nice surprise to see someone asking how I'm doing! Ya made my day! Which is awesome cause I am not having a good new year thus far!

Hey feel free to email me anytime at enduser2941@gmail.com

Thanks again!!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones