1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Teamviewer Password

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by saptech, Apr 14, 2012.

1. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I installed Teamviewer app around last month or so and went to use it today but don't see the phone's password. Is there a way to get the password so I can connect from the PC to the phone?

Can the password be changed to alphanumeric or only numbers?

When I open the app on the phone, it show the phone's ID but not the password. When I open it up on the PC, I see the ID & PW for the PC.

Thnx.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

It's been awhile since I've used Teamviewer, but I think you need to set the password from the PC, not the app. So if you wanted to change the password, I would recommend looking in the PC's program.

saptech likes this.
  3. sgosnell

sgosnell Well-Known Member

You can use either the dynamic password that shows up on the device, or set a permanent password on it, using whatever characters you like. I think it's much more convenient to set up a permanent password, so you don't need to get the new password from the device.

saptech likes this.
  4. saptech

saptech Android Expert

What I'm trying to do now is use the PC to connect to the phone. What do I need to do that with? I want the phone to be the remote client.

Thnx.

5. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

you can't with Teamviewer. There are other apps non that I can think of right off the top of my head though.

saptech likes this.
  6. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Thanks. It was beginning to look like it wasn't possible. I'll check out some of the others.

7. sgosnell

sgosnell Well-Known Member

No, Teamviewer won't do that. Airdroid will, but not nearly as completely, and only on the same network.