1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Teathering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tokenpoke, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    I saw a cable in a store, I think best buy, that said I could teather my phone and get web access.
    I have also searched it on here but am still confused as all get out and was wondering if you guys could help me out.
    Ok so, I got a macbook and a pavilion515n(no wifi on hp) and need to know how to hook them up to my phone(no 3gp)
    Also, I can't get any keyboards to work. Have tried betterkeyboard whatever an activated them in my menu but they never work.
    Rooted through z4 running boostcpu by the way.

Advertisement

2. love2keep

love2keep Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    i have a question for you ...can u help?

3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Um... Question? Then someone can help.
    Thanks keypurrtech

4. ciabatoni

ciabatoni Member
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    construction, auto mechanic, tattoo artist, "Fathe
    Atlantic City, N.J.
    Just as keypurrtech said, after you long press in the text box a menu pops up. then you select input method then you'll have an option to select swype, android keyboard or better keyboard. Simple as that.
    As for the wireless tethering there are many tether apps you can download at the market, I use Barnicle it seems to be best for me. but, there are others wireless tether, pdanet, easy tether. Theres so many apps out there in the market its hard to remember them all. Try Barnicle, open the app click start, then refresh your wifi if the mac has it. and you should see barnicle. if that doesnt work, try the HP. Plus your USB cord from the phone to the laptop and see if you can get connect that way. Let me kno if the info HELPS you out. Sorry I couldnt be more help...

Tokenpoke likes this.
  5. ciabatoni

ciabatoni Member
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Atlantic City, N.J.

If you post your question, Ill be glad to try and help you out. If I cant help you out, I have plenty of friends here that can...

6. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Cia-
    Any free you'd suggest. I don't wanna wade through crapware to find the one good app and I'm on metro for a reason. Or can i try one free before dumping my cash into something i will just junk. Thanks.

7. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Shoot, failled to mention, no 3g. Didn't even know it wash supported on the asscend.

8. ciabatoni

ciabatoni Member
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Atlantic City, N.J.
    Yes there are plenty of other tethering apps. Heres a bigger list of FREE ones. Wireless tether 4 "ROOT" "Must be ROOTED" or it wont work, So theres wireless tether 4 root, Easy tether lite, PDANet, Tethering, Android Tethering, Free Tethering, Wifi tethering mesh WAP Client, Samsung Moment WIFI, Tether BLUE, And My favorite BARNICLE. I hope this list of tethering apps will HELP you. There all FREE, and there ALL LISTED in the MARKET, under "TETHER" It is always IMPORTANT to read the DESCRIPTION and the COMMENTS as well, By doing so you might have a better chance at finding what works best for you, And what didnt work for others. Most people list there phone in the COMMENTS, That always seems to be a great HELP for me when I do my RESEARCHING. I hope this helps you...