• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Technical Support for app "Intruder Selfie"

karen Judin

Jan 22, 2018
I am looking for technical support for the app "Intruder Selfie" as the developer has not responded to my enquiries.
Are there any tech people who can assist me with regard to the following, please:
  • Can the date & time stamp on the photographs that the app takes be altered by the user or anyone else (i.e. tampered with)?
  • 2 of the app photos were found in the trash folder of my phone's gallery. However, I did not delete them and no other Intruder selfie photos were in the Trash folder even though the app had taken many around the same time period. How would this be possible?
  • Restoring these 2 photos appears to have resulted in the date changing but not to the date of restoration. How would this be possible?
  • The 2 photos are unclear and I need to enhance them to identify the surroundings. No photo editor app has been of any use. Is there one that could be effective?
This has given rise to a problematic situation which I am unable to solve without technical expertise. I would appreciate technical assistance, please.

I can't comment on that Intruder Selfie app but if you're not able to get assistance from the developer directly, maybe try a different app. An app like 'Third Eye' appears to be similar in functionality:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miragestacks.thirdeye

(... if you do opt to try a different app, be sure to follow the stated uninstall steps to properly remove it; as quoted from the Intruder Selfie page on Google Play:
"This app uses the Device Administrator permission. We need this to detect failed unlock attempts. To uninstall this app, touch Uninstall from the menu. If that doesn't work go to Android Settings, Security, Device Admins, and deactivate IntruderSelfie before uninstalling.")

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
I see two "Intruder Selfie" apps in the play store. Is it the app by twinone?

If so, that image date looks like an overlay that's displaying a file date and not a true timestamp as part of the image. That will change as you move and copy the files. There is no "Android Trashcan" folder so it must be part of the app. For that only the developer can answer why that happens.

Enhancing photos only works up to a certain point, unlike what you see on TV, if the data isn't there, it can't be enhanced to show greater detail.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I see two "Intruder Selfie" apps in the play store. Is it the app by twinone?

If so, that image date looks like an overlay that's displaying a file date and not a true timestamp as part of the image. That will change as you move and copy the files. There is no "Android Trashcan" folder so it must be part of the app. For that only the developer can answer why that happens.

Enhancing photos only works up to a certain point, unlike what you see on TV, if the data isn't there, it can't be enhanced to show greater detail.

Thank you for your reply. It is the app by Twinone. If I am understanding correctly then, moving or copying the files may change the date and time, but actually changing these oneself in the original photo (editing is not possible). Is this correct?

The folder that the 2 photos landed up in is not in the app. It is the Trash album in my phone's gallery which is a part of the phone's system (not an album which I created).

It's weird and I can't

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. It is the app by Twinone. If I am understanding correctly then, moving or copying the files may change the date and time, but actually changing these oneself in the original photo (editing is not possible). Is this correct?

The folder that the 2 photos landed up in is not in the app. It is the Trash album in my phone's gallery which is a part of the phone's system (not an album which I created).

It's weird and I can't
get any info from the developer as they just don't respond.

Upvote 0
Gallery apps don't have trash folders, per se. All they do is scan the user storage area for image formats that they recognize and then display them to the users. If the app creates a folder for images (or "trash") and the gallery has permission to see it, then it will show up.

May I ask what type of phone this is and what version of Android you are running? Each manufacturer handles their photo galleries a little differently.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
Gallery apps don't have trash folders, per se. All they do is scan the user storage area for image formats that they recognize and then display them to the users. If the app creates a folder for images (or "trash") and the gallery has permission to see it, then it will show up.

May I ask what type of phone this is and what version of Android you are running? Each manufacturer handles their photo galleries a little differently.

The phone is an LGG6 and I am running Android version 7.0.
The Intruder Selfie app offers a choice in its settings to either save the photos it takes in the app's gallery or to the phone's gallery. I chose to save the photos in the app's gallery.
I have attached a screenshot of the LGG6's gallery menu where you can see the phone's Trash can under the "manage" heading. This is part of the phone's system and wasn't created by the app.
The first peculiarity is that the 2 Intruder Selfie photos on question were in this Trash can.
The second peculiarity is that I did not delete them (no-one else had access to my phone).

May I also please confirm that the Intruder Selfie photo's date and time can't be edited by the user or anyone else, please? (I understand that copying them or moving them may change the date and time)

Many thanks for your help with this!

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-01-23-19-32-44.png
    Capture+_2018-01-23-19-32-44.png
    575.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I have the G6 as well and checking to see if I had the same folder structure was the first time I've ever opened the gallery app. Honestly, I didn't even know I had one. I use Google Photos for my images.

I do indeed have a trash folder with the little comment that files in the trash will be deleted after 7 days. That' part of the app and not part of Android. Only files that are deleted using the gallery app should go in there. I'm surprised that images from another app might land there, unless they were thumbnails and are automatically deleted from the gallery.

Upvote 0
I have the G6 as well and checking to see if I had the same folder structure was the first time I've ever opened the gallery app. Honestly, I didn't even know I had one. I use Google Photos for my images.

I do indeed have a trash folder with the little comment that files in the trash will be deleted after 7 days. That' part of the app and not part of Android. Only files that are deleted using the gallery app should go in there. I'm surprised that images from another app might land there, unless they were thumbnails and are automatically deleted from the gallery.

This is exactly what I am puzzled by. (I have no technical expertise myself so, of course, it is entirely possible that I was overlooking something). I have been asked for an explanation about these 2 photos and I simply don't have one.
Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

http://wikibin.org/articles/hollywood-operating-system.html
"Hollywood Operating System...
The system can also do tasks that are virtually impossible (at least without the aid of advanced artificial intelligence), such as the ability to zoom in on any detail of a photograph to an excessive resolution (as in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Las Vegas)."

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Are these the two photos that you say are fuzzy? It could very well be that they are thumbnails and not the original images.
The photos don't appear to be thumbnails (although I am no expert). When the one is enhanced as far as has been possible, part of me is in it. I don't recognise the surroundings, but I know for sure that it is me in this photo.

Upvote 0
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones