• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Teething problems - G2 Touch, T Mobile

Hi all,

Have had my Hero since Friday, and so far i'm loving it :D - apart from a couple of minor teething problems, which i hope you can advise me on. I apologise if these questions have been answered before - i have done a thorough search (of the web, too!) but not found exactly what i'm looking for.

My main problem seems to be with Peep - i like the interface and would be more than happy to use it as opposed to downloading another app, but it seems to be very temperamental with the updates/notifications. I have it set to update/notify me every 15 minutes - which it doesn't. And when i go into Peep myself, (even if i do a manual refresh) it rarely gets the latest tweets. I downloaded Twitdroid to try, but this force closed about 4 times before i got fed up and uninstalled it!

There seems to be an annoying lag on the phone too - reading about, it seems this MAY have something to do with being logged into Peep?

Should i do a ROM upgrade - would this help? Build number is 1.76.110.6 (if i'm looking at the right thing!)

Oh, and apparently my hubby texted me a few hours ago, too - this hasn't come through either!

Thank you in advance :)

Hi all,

Have had my Hero since Friday, and so far i'm loving it :D - apart from a couple of minor teething problems, which i hope you can advise me on. I apologise if these questions have been answered before - i have done a thorough search (of the web, too!) but not found exactly what i'm looking for.

My main problem seems to be with Peep - i like the interface and would be more than happy to use it as opposed to downloading another app, but it seems to be very temperamental with the updates/notifications. I have it set to update/notify me every 15 minutes - which it doesn't. And when i go into Peep myself, (even if i do a manual refresh) it rarely gets the latest tweets. I downloaded Twitdroid to try, but this force closed about 4 times before i got fed up and uninstalled it!

There seems to be an annoying lag on the phone too - reading about, it seems this MAY have something to do with being logged into Peep?

Should i do a ROM upgrade - would this help? Build number is 1.76.110.6 (if i'm looking at the right thing!)

Oh, and apparently my hubby texted me a few hours ago, too - this hasn't come through either!

Thank you in advance :)

Upgrade your ROM ASAP!!

The official T-mobile ROM upgrade is available from their website.

All of your lag issues and missing text messages will disappear! :)

Once you've upgraded your build number should be 2.73.xx.xx.xxx

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0
I also seem to have a small problem with Google Maps - 'my location' says i am about 2 miles from where i actually am! Any ideas?

If you haven't got gps switched on, your location is a 'best guess' derived from which cell transmitters you're connected to (and their relative powers). The weather app is similar - it uses network location and when i'm at home it informs me I'm between 2 and 3 miles from where I live :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones