• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help teething problems

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi all

I started a what to do first thread last night that was really usefull.

Before i download barcode reader etc, I have a few teething problems; i did the tutorials on first setting up my phone and added facebook to the friend stream, this added loads of unwanted phone numbers to my phone book though. I dont want my facebook friends numbers in my phonebook. removed facebook from the freind stream, is there away of not having the numbers adding to the phone book?

I have been playing with the phone, opening the stuff that is already on there for now. I keep using the back button to close apps but fear they may still be running. Likewise with the internet, I used the homebutton to get rid of it but i fear it is still running. How do you close it. I can get on after sorting thses initial problems

Thanks

i dont know about the rest of you but according to my investigation (hmm interesting word :) ) internet browser indeed stay on no matter how you exit it (home button, or back button many times depending how deep you got into the website)). and yep it does use system resources (battery) not sure about the data.
this was all done since the first day froyo came out (almost a month now), and ive got systempanel app which tracks what is being used and how, and can tell that browser does not close properly (using on average of 1-2% of constant processor power))
even logcat that i did showed something similar (i assume as logcat data is hard to read for non developer) :)
so as for my case you're not wrong and not worry without a reason that internet browser does not close properly.
ohh forgot to mention so every time i finish using it i kill it (Lekky dont be mad :p ) with the in built option on systempanel app (but it rather force closes than kills it)

Upvote 0
grrr...

please don't use the words "not close properly", its difficult to explain but android works on an "every app open all the time" philosophy.

Please read my article to fully understand how android works, and why you should not fear things not exiting in the traditional sense of the word: Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den

regarding the facebook ting, if you click meny then view inside the people app does it let you hide facebook contacts?

Upvote 0
grrr...

please don't use the words "not close properly", its difficult to explain but android works on an "every app open all the time" philosophy.

Please read my article to fully understand how android works, and why you should not fear things not exiting in the traditional sense of the word: Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den

regarding the facebook ting, if you click meny then view inside the people app does it let you hide facebook contacts?

Thanks for that, I think everyone is that used to windows, it doesnt seem right not closing an app.

I have solved the facebook thing by removing it from my friends stream. i will log into facebook when I need it as I am not a big user of it. Checked what you said though, there was no option for it, this could be because I had already removed it from friend stream.

I want to sent my contacts from my old phone all at once, having trouble finding how to do it. think my old phone only alows you to send one contact at a time :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones