• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MrBaker22

Oct 5, 2011
East Midlands
Just thought I'd update you guys on my findings....

Basically i have kept all my settings the same not added anything or deleted or changed anything :-

Checkrom v2.0
Siyah v2.2 beta 6
Setcpu 100 - 16000 smartassv2

i have been using 2nd core app with single core mode enabled for a couple days now...

so far no burnt out core from too much load, the battery life seems to be better, and tbh i havent really noticed any performance issues/difference,

phone is still snappy etc ...

The Japanese for, "Divine Wind", springs to mind!

However, you could do a little experiment by seeing, in real life usage and not leaving it in a coma, how long your battery lasts at 1600MHz on single core and after a day or two or three even... change to Dynamic hotplug at, say, 1200MHZ and run that for two or three days in real usage.

The way I do it is to divide my battery % used by the time on battery...

i.e. if the phone uses 100% of battery in 20 hours... 100% divided by 20 hours = an average of 5% drain per hour.

I do not switch my phone off or disable things as this would skew the findings. I also tend to do it over 3 days each time as this gives a better average of usage.

Since no two peoples usage is ever going to be the same it will give you a benchmark figure for yourself for future reference.

This also allows me to quantify early findings on battery usage and allows you to keep an eye on things.

This is a much better way of doing it than those guys who claim to get 4 days use, (non use), on a single charge.

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0
It is active but it needs to be under quite a heavy load at the time you open the app.
try browsing then quickly opening the app. You should see core 1 active for a few moments before core 0 takes all the brunt.

tried that hawker... all i see when i quickly(and i mean quickly) switch is core 0 at 1200mHz thats it....

Upvote 0
Another way to check is to reboot your phone and as it shows the home screen, open the App Drawer and click on 2nd Core as the media scan is running.

An app, free from the Market, that I have been playing around with, but admit I do not fully understand, is Stability Test. See here:-

https://market.android.com/details?...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5pbnRvLnN0YWJpbGl0eSJd

You could also obtain from the Market, CPU Usage Monitor, for 61p. See here:-

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pocketappbuilders.cpuusagestatusbar&hl=en

After all the kerfuffle I had with Siyah 2.2 beta8 last night I am still determined to carry on testing it.

Hope this helps :D

Upvote 0
Please sir! I did!

I also gave the Ultimate Kernel Cleaning Script a trial run. Bugled if I know what its done though! :thinking:

The main thing was that it didn't seem to do any harm. :)

No need to take the piss ironass :D
Not got the brain capacity at the moment to actually read the whole thread but since going from beta 8 back to 6 I'm pretty sure my phone hasn't deep slept, seemed to have dropped 5% every time I've unlocked.

Upvote 0
:D:D:D

Damn! That was me being nice... mind you, I'm only halfway through my Social Skills course.

Sorry Shotgun84. Lets face it... you are a pretty amazing bloke...

after all... you were the fastest sperm! :D

I can't see that you have anything to lose by trying the Ultimate Kernel Script Sydney99.

Both MrBaker22 and I have run it, not to mention a few on xda.

Just wish I could tell you exactly what it does. I guess it clears up the detritus from previous kernels but there again, I would have thought Factory Reset might have done that... maybe not.

Upvote 0
:D:D:D

Damn! That was me being nice... mind you, I'm only halfway through my Social Skills course.

Sorry Shotgun84. Lets face it... you are a pretty amazing bloke...

after all... you were the fastest sperm! :D

I wouldn't take you any other way. It's kind of depressing though, what sort of state were the others in.

Upvote 0
There's a listing of the script code in the XDA thread. It wipes the cache and dalvik-cache, deletes all the existing init.d kernel configuration entries, then wipes cache and dalvik once more.

Pardon my ignorance here Slug but wouldn't...

Get into the CWM recovery
Wipe Data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Wipe Battery Stats
Wipe Data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Wipe Battery Stats

do the same thing?

what sort of state were the others in.

Errr... on crutches I guess. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones