• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TekTrak - Ever Lose or Misplace a Device?

Bionic Chronic

Android Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2012
Michigan
So I was reading a review on CNET today and came across this app called 'TekTrak'. It is a pretty awesome app I must admit, so I decided to share. If you ever fear of your device being stolen or you misplacing it and need to find it, TekTrak can help! I have tested this myself and it is quite accurate down to the address. You can also Wipe Data, Enable WiFi, Send Text, Send a Call (will ring whether or not your ringer is off.) and all remotely from their site. There are many features you can check them out on their site here: TekTrak.com (Pro). I would say it is well worth the $4.99/year.
You can find it on the market here: TekTrak Pro - Google Play Store
Hope someone else will find this as useful as I have.

Reactions: Galloway Six
So I was reading a review on CNET today and came across this app called 'TekTrak'. It is a pretty awesome app I must admit, so I decided to share. If you ever fear of your device being stolen or you misplacing it and need to find it, TekTrak can help! I have tested this myself and it is quite accurate down to the address. You can also Wipe Data, Enable WiFi, Send Text, Send a Call (will ring whether or not your ringer is off.) and all remotely from their site. There are many features you can check them out on their site here: TekTrak.com (Pro). I would say it is well worth the $4.99/year.
You can find it on the market here: TekTrak Pro - Google Play Store
Hope someone else will find this as useful as I have.

i use android lost. pretty sure its free

Reactions: jackbquick123
Upvote 0
Problem with any of these apps is that if you know your way around you can just stop the connection between website and the phone. =[
Not before I had a last address, I have it set to record my location every 10 minutes and will automatically record the location at boot/shutdown. Believe me I'd be over there with a quickness, no time for them to get into my phone. They will still be working on getting passed the screen lock. Haha. And If I know I wont get it back at least I could wipe my data before they get any of my info. I am looking into it, but I know there are apps similar to this one and will brick the phone. Though I decided to post this because a friend of mine had their house broke into and if I had installed this for her tablet, we could have found the thieves.

Upvote 0
I have Tasker setup for this, send a txt to the phone and it sends a txt back with a location. As a backup I also have SeekDroid and my corporate email setup both of these can lock and wipe the phone and SeekDroid can track it.

You could use tektrak and it would do the same as both in one. Though it uses a Web sure for GPS tracking. Not sure though if one is better than the other. It comes down to personal preference I guess, since most offer a lot of the same options.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones