1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Telenav Scout for Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Boz2014, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Boz2014

Boz2014 Lurker
    None

Nov 26, 2014
    Male
    If anyone has updated to the new version of Scout and has found out the switch to a social enabled platform
    is utterly stupid, here is the link to downgrade to version 2.1. I can't believe how utterly stupid the new version is now!! Looks like a 5 year old designed it.

The real issue with the app right now is that they switched from TomTom maps over to OpenStreetMaps. As you can imagine OpenStreetMaps is not nearly as polished as TomTom so it lacks a lot of pertinent street and highway information. Will it become as usable as a commercial map provider? I'm sure given years of user input it will get better but for now, the old TomTom platform is far superior.

You need to enable 3rd party app install since it is downloaded from Telenav instead of the play store.

Scout 2.1 for Android: <redacted>

Advertisement

#1 Boz2014, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Boz2014

Boz2014 Lurker
    None

Nov 26, 2014
    Male
    Telenav has been deleting users for no reason and deleting threads about the new Scout. I tried to get to the bottom of why I was deleted, and my guess is because I compared Scout to Waze.

Daniel Dupree:
    Hello Guest, thanks for contacting customer support. How may I assist you?
    Guest:
    Hi on your forums for Scout I am having a big problem with a moderator there
    Guest:
    He has blocked me for no reason.
    Daniel Dupree:
    And that moderator is actually me. I was typing an email just now for you.
    Guest:
    So when customer care gave me the link YOU DID NOT TELL ME NOT TO SHARE THE LINK
    Guest:
    I was trying to help other users.
    Guest:
    That is not a reason to act like a child.
    Daniel Dupree:
    I have posted in a few different topics to please not post the link for pirvacy reasons.
    Guest:
    But if that post was not directed at a first time forum user they would never know.
    Daniel Dupree:
    You were initially blocked from the forum because you were flagged as spam for trolling/scrolling the forum by posting the same response with the link in multiple topics, after I asked people to not post the link. I blocked you again for posting reviews and constant negative comments. I have zero control over what gets changed in the app. All of the app reviews, customer feedbacks, and the forums are watched by our product team/product manager. In addition, I forward and customer feedback that I receive over to the same team, even though they may have already seen it. I have already forwarded your many complaints over to them for review and there isn’t much else I can do. The forum is for support of the app not to constantly post your frustrations of something that changed.
    Guest:
    It is the fault of online chat for not relaying to customers that the link is not to be given out.
    Guest:
    So I guess that was your fault.
    Guest:
    I would like my account reinstated.
    Guest:
    A forum is for interacting with users, if your company cannot handle criticism of it's product they changed on people with no warning. That is the failure of marketing and the engineering team.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Do you have any actual technical issues that you are experiencing with the app?
    Guest:
    Yes and I posted them
    Guest:
    But you deleted them.
    Guest:
    Again you did not explicitly tell new users not to post the link directly. That is your fault. Not mine.
    Guest:
    I was not being rude, I was trying to help other users.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Ok, thanks for that. Now are there any actual technical issues that you are having trouble with? Or any functions of the new app that you may not know how to use?
    Guest:
    Yes I have posted them in forum but you deleted them.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Youre on chat with me now so lets address the issues you have to see if we can get them solved.
    Guest:
    I would like to address them in the community.
    Guest:
    There will be others with the same problem.
    Daniel Dupree:
    You have abused that privledge and gave me no confidence through this chat that you wont abuse it again.
    Guest:
    I did not abuse the privilege.
    Daniel Dupree:
    So if you have an issue, I can help you right now, if not, you can try to contact us at another time.
    Guest:
    You failed to qualify to users that the link is confidential.
    Guest:
    That is not my fault.
    Daniel Dupree:
    I'm not going to go back and forth with you. You can eiother act like an adult and get some help or I am going to end this chat.
    Guest:
    I have not been rude and have been honest, there is no reason to doubt my honesty
    Guest:
    I am the one acting like an adult.
    Guest:
    OK so issue # 1:
    Guest:
    While using the "new improved" version of scout about 60% of the roads I travel come up as "no name"
    Guest:
    The old version of scout had no issue with finding the names of the roads
    Guest:
    It routinely forgets where I am and takes a while to find out where exactly I am.
    Guest:
    The old version did not have that issue.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Ok, and you are using the old version now correct?
    Guest:
    Yes.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Ok, then why make such a big deal if we already gave you what you wanted?
    Guest:
    Because maybe I would upgrade? Isn't that the point?
    Daniel Dupree:
    I already submitted your feedback to our product team. There isnt much else I can do if youre not going to actvively use the new app.
    Guest:
    I would like my account reinstated.
    Guest:
    Also I cannot log back in to my old scout profile
    Daniel Dupree:
    I'm sorry sir, that isn't going to happen.
    Guest:
    You can't be serious.....
    Guest:
    Your fault becomes a punishment for me?
    Daniel Dupree:
    In 2 of the same topics you posted the link, I asked blocked other people, and asked them and everyone else to please not post the link for privacy reasons.
    Guest:
    You did not explicitly point that out. in your posts is does not say "do not post links" it says you are emailing for private reasons
    Guest:
    Please go back and read your post you will find I am correct, you are not.
    Guest:
    Now if you told me when I asked for the link in chat "Do not give the link out" Then I would be at fault.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Why do you keep going back to that and ignoring the fact that you made a post telling people to use another app and another one just to post the reveiws like we dont see them.
    Daniel Dupree:
    You're not getting being grnated access to the forum.
    Guest:
    There are no rules stating you cannot post a review of the app.
    Guest:
    I did say I would use Waze that is correct. Why would you be angry at that post?
    Guest:
    Are you not trying to differentiate yourself from Waze?
    Guest:
    Just because you released an inferior copycat of Waze do not be mad at users who post their opinions.
    Daniel Dupree:
    I am not going to continue going back and forth with you. You are obviously here more to be a nuissance than anything else.
    Guest:
    No, I am here to right a wrong.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Have a nice day sir. I hope you find an app that you are happy with.
    Guest:
    There is no reason why I should be punished for customer service's mistake.
    Daniel Dupree:
    Ok, there is no support for the 2.1 app. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
    Guest:
    Well thank you for your help Mam. I wish you would go back to the old app. It works so much better.
    Daniel Dupree:
    We are not apologetic as a cmopany for making a decision to upgrade our app. If you would like to continue using it, wonderful. If not thanks and we hope you find something you like.

#2 Boz2014, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Actually it's likely it was because you're posting the link to the earlier version of the app contrary to the developers' request.

Regardless of what Scout are doing on their own forum, if they have requested that the link not be shared publicly then Android Forums has to respect that.

Thanks for your understanding.

codesplice and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Boz2014

Boz2014 Lurker
    None

Nov 26, 2014
    Male
    They may have posted in a post somewhere but as a new user they did not communicate via chat where I received the link from. Danielle was mad because I had compared their new version to Waze, which it is trying to copy.