1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Telephone's RAM disappearing, started roughly a year after purchase

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nekokriszty, May 2, 2013.

1. nekokriszty

nekokriszty Lurker

Hope I am at the right place :)

My android ICS 4.1.B.0.587 phone started behaving very strangely about 16 months after I purchased it. In the past, when I rebooted, I used to have about 180 Mb RAM (I use RAM Booster to check and boost), and for a year, it went down some when I used apps, but when I closed everything and killed (and restarted) all tasks, it went back to that amount.

A month ago, suddenly, it stopped going back. I start out with 180 Mb, I keep boosting, and the RAM just keeps disappearing - one time it reached around 55 Mb and then other apps had trouble recording data (like my data manager or Battery mix). It slows my phone down excessively, and I have to reboot it around twice a day, otherwise it stops working. Sometimes, I am unable to pick up the phone because it's lagging so much .

I tried deleting the apps that used the most RAM, but it didn't change anything (well, I did start out with more RAM). I tried deleting RAM booster and getting another app killer, but most other app killers only kill about half the RAM that RAM booster did from the start - and they didn't prevent the extreme lag, either. When I don't use the phone, it doesn't really go down - it's like it goes down 1 Mb for every minute I use it. And I know it's not the standard 'it's just android using stuff in the background', because it didn't happen for more than a year.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is this even an android problem, or could my hardware be malfunctioning? Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert

Try running the handset without any task killers for a day or two, these tend to do more harm than good.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews