• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root telus rooted phone want to flash a new ROM

mikepratte

Lurker
Oct 18, 2011
Hi, I just rooted my telus hero which is running Android 2.1 but would like to flash a better/faster ROM. I have installed ROM manger and busybox but can't seem to be able to get a ROM, it never fins any. Has anyone done this and could give me some direction, I would really appreciate it. Also I tried to set my CPU with CPU master but it won't let let speed it up, I can adjust the low end only. Any detailed help would really be appreciated, thanks, Mike

You can't speed up your processor on the stock firmware - the stock kernel won't allow it. However, all custom roms come with kernels built in that do allow overclocking.

I don't have my hero to hand, but I'm guessing there just aren't any ROMs hosted on ROM manager for the hero. But there are other places to get them.

Which ROM are you trying to install? Or if you weren't sure, what are you looking for in a ROM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones