1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

telus rooted phone want to flash a new ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikepratte, Nov 13, 2011.

1. mikepratte

mikepratte Lurker

Hi, I just rooted my telus hero which is running Android 2.1 but would like to flash a better/faster ROM. I have installed ROM manger and busybox but can't seem to be able to get a ROM, it never fins any. Has anyone done this and could give me some direction, I would really appreciate it. Also I tried to set my CPU with CPU master but it won't let let speed it up, I can adjust the low end only. Any detailed help would really be appreciated, thanks, Mike

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

You can't speed up your processor on the stock firmware - the stock kernel won't allow it. However, all custom roms come with kernels built in that do allow overclocking.

I don't have my hero to hand, but I'm guessing there just aren't any ROMs hosted on ROM manager for the hero. But there are other places to get them.

Which ROM are you trying to install? Or if you weren't sure, what are you looking for in a ROM?

3. mindfloss

mindfloss Member

use the new cronos man...u will be sooo happy

4. mikepratte

mikepratte Lurker

I'm just looking for a faster platform no need for many bells and whistles, could you direct to a site for ROMs, thanks, Mike

5. mindfloss

mindfloss Member

lol...here....

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Tags: