• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Temp Root Gained

KarateExplosion6

Mar 16, 2010
Well, in December I was able to get temp root on the Gem using the RageAgainstTheCage exploit. Here's the issue, the PERMISSIONS for BusyBoy and Superuser WILL NOT STICK. That's the only thing between a temp root and a perm root on this phone. No idea why the permission refuse to stick... /system will stay mounted RW but i always need to fix SU and BB permissions via ADB about every 10 to 15 minutes. As long as I do that (and don't Reboot) I can maintain root.

In any case... Swype no longer supports WQVGA resolutions. So, about the only thing this exercise was useful for was to make ADW EX Bulletproof with V6 SuperCharger scripting. I tried to freeze a bunch of bloat apps with TiBu but wound up getting hot boots so I defrosted them.

Honestly, the only thing that's good about this phone is the battery life. Facebook doesn't even work right anymore.

Well, in December I was able to get temp root on the Gem using the RageAgainstTheCage exploit. Here's the issue, the PERMISSIONS for BusyBoy and Superuser WILL NOT STICK. That's the only thing between a temp root and a perm root on this phone. No idea why the permission refuse to stick... /system will stay mounted RW but i always need to fix SU and BB permissions via ADB about every 10 to 15 minutes. As long as I do that (and don't Reboot) I can maintain root.

In any case... Swype no longer supports WQVGA resolutions. So, about the only thing this exercise was useful for was to make ADW EX Bulletproof with V6 SuperCharger scripting. I tried to freeze a bunch of bloat apps with TiBu but wound up getting hot boots so I defrosted them.

Honestly, the only thing that's good about this phone is the battery life. Facebook doesn't even work right anymore.

try this https://code.google.com/p/intercept-root/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones