• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Temperature scale based on tasks

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
Here is the temps I have gotten. There could be some contamination with not waiting long enough between tasks or not going long enough for a duration, but seems about right. As far as the reboots I reported, I think they are not heat related, since the device was at 112 (should not be hot enough to trigger a reboot)- at least would not appear to. I have tested the Rezound and it gets hotter, but the unit was a demo with full demo junk. Not fair test IMO. The games and emulators were only tested ten minutes each, so may be understated.

Flash file while charging was eighty straight minutes. Stayed a steady 111. Decimals of .4 or lower rounded down and .5 higher rounded up. Web with Java seemed low for rge task, but stayed at 87 and I tried several sites for 15 minutes. Used Dolphin.

Idle 83
Idle charging 84
Settings changes 86
Phandroid app 86
Web w/Java 87
Angrybirds 94
Tikigolf 3D 94
Standard AVI Moboplayer 95
Raging Thunder 2 97
Saved Flash vid w/Moboplayer 97
N64Oid 99
FPse 99
Flash vid w/Dolphin 110
Flash w/Dolphin (charging) 111
Flash w/Dolphin (charge & HDMI)112

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones