1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Tempered glass for Samsung Galaxy s7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lankyrose, May 28, 2016.

1. lankyrose

lankyrose Lurker
    None

May 28, 2016
    I can't seem to find glad protector that curves around to the frame... I bought one that leaves 1/4" gap around the whole thing. Or it is too the edge but has a lip over the tiny curved edge and when I put a case on I get stress breaks all over because the case is pushing the screen upwards... Should I even bother with glass? I have spent about $25 on several bad ones...

Advertisement

2. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    Tried about four myself and gave up. Ended up going with the Spigen Curved Crystal HD, it is a film and not glass. Zagg has started selling their Curved Glass recently that sounds like it might be a good one.

3. lankyrose

lankyrose Lurker
    None

May 28, 2016
    Zag... I will check it out

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    I have also ordered the zagg tempered glass, but I'm not too optimistic. It identical to many other tempered glass screen protectors in the market that have had very poor reviews. The differences between these and Zagg could be just the adhesive involved. Will post once I receive and install it.

5. lankyrose

lankyrose Lurker
    None

May 28, 2016
    I just found a front & back screen protector... Doubt the Front will be OK but I have high hopes for the back one.

6. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Tempered glass? I did not know that they made both, front and back, tempered glass protectors.

7. TanyaMac

TanyaMac Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2016
    Female
    I recently purchased the Zagg glass. It was great for about a week then seems to lift all over and dust gets trapped underneath. Seems the worst possible scenario having dusty trapped close to the screen. I've taken it off and have yet to find one that is a perfect fit

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  8. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US

Was that the zagg newly available tempered glass screen protector? Thanks for posting your issues with it, could you also, please post your experience with its look, fit, sensitivity and ease of installation etc. Thanks.
    You do have a 30 day return policy.

TanyaMac likes this.
  9. TanyaMac

TanyaMac Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2016
    Female
    I found the feel of the Zagg to be the best yet. Felt just like my s7 and looked great. So the first few days I was almost wrapped with it. Yet from the outset the left side never sat flush. Given how much this screen saver journey has cost me to date I was willing to wear that despite the frustration when using swipe txt ing on that part of the screen. Purchased on eBay $30 and had no return policy. I have the Spigen curved crystal now and although the feel and look is great, the lift on the edges makes it also next to useless. So frustrating that there seems to be none of the perfect fit protectors that you find with every other phone

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  10. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Thank you very much for your response. I'm expecting that SAG tempered glass protector for my S7 edge this week. It looks a lot like some of the other poorly rated tempered glass protectors in the marketplace, however I talked to zagg directly and they indicated that their version is custom-made with specially designed adhesive on the edges. It's interesting that eBay players are already sending Zagg tempered glass protectors before Zagg started selling them themselves. Sorry that you were not covered under warranty.
    Your information is a great help. Thanks

TanyaMac likes this.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I can't find a decent one. Thinking of going the liquid armor screen protector routes

12. Aidan Astwood

Aidan Astwood Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    I used one by Vmax. But the gold colour is a bit tacky. And it doesn't fit the screen perfectly so theres some movement in the corners. But it's usable and does the job of protecting the screen.

13. S7user

S7user Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2016
    Male
    I got mine done at those kiosk at mall for my s7.

I think its one of those chinese ones. Seems ok to me. Should I be worried? Cuz there are some $25+ temper glass.

TanyaMac likes this.
  14. TanyaMac

TanyaMac Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2016
    Female
    If it fits and your happy AND you didn't pay $25. Celebrate

15. TanyaMac

TanyaMac Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2016
    Female
    Finally found one that fits and feels good to touch. Spigen curved crystal case friendly. I had to go through 3 of them to get it to stick properly on the edges, the company just replaced the first two. But......it's not glass and yet I'm really happy with the fit and feel

16. k4r3n

k4r3n Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2012
    I have bought 2 from eBay and they've both been rubbish. I'm wondering if it's just the ones I bought or is it because of the edge. Had 1 on my s4 for 2 yrs never a problem. Very strange

17. MoshuXXL

MoshuXXL Newbie
    None

May 6, 2011
    Male
    Economist
    Bucharest, Romania
    The most recommended TGSP on xda is AmazingThing, but it`s a bit expensive. Also GPEL 2nd version has decent reviews.

18. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    The AmazingThing looks pretty cool. Could you please post any information on actual S7 edge user reviews. Since there is no local (US) distributors, I am reluctant to order across borders.
    The GPEL product looks very similar to many others in the marketplace, however I have to give the manufacturers credit, since they acknowledge (unlike most others) the absolute necessity of getting a special phone case that can cope with the additional thickness of the tempered glass.
    I did buy the Zagg tempered glass that fit very well, but found out very quickly that any normal phone case would butt against the edge of the protector and very easily pop it off. This was especially the case since all these tempered glass protectors attach using adhesive on the outer edges only. This not only reduces the level of impact protection but also adhesion.

19. MoshuXXL

MoshuXXL Newbie
    None

May 6, 2011
    Male
    Economist
    Bucharest, Romania
  20. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Thanks for all the links. The AmazingThing clearly looks like a winner. Unfortunately, it is also evident that the tempered glass protectors severely limit your choice of case. That's exactly my experience with the Zagg tempered glass protector and its ability to stay on with my Spigen new hybrid case.
    Again appreciate the valuable information.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.