1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by parkschr, Nov 2, 2014.

1. parkschr

parkschr Android Enthusiast

Has anyone purchased a tempered glass protector for their turbo?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Verizon has a flexible tempered glass screen protector that I am going to look at tomorrow.

parkschr likes this.
  3. Dagr

Dagr Well-Known Member

I did purchase one when I picked up my phone yesterday (I hadn't been planning on it, but thought I'd give it a try).

So far it seems great... love the tempered glass vs the older rubbery style protectors. My only complaint is that the tech who put it on put it so that the bottom edge seems to come just below the capacitative buttons... so you feel the edge of the protector a little when you use the home/back buttons. Other than that... not a single bubble & very smooth glass feel.

4. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

Debating on this as well.. I bought the flip case but not 100% sure I like it.. I don't really want a big case on the phone, my Droid Maxx had the bumper case.

I do like the Ballistic Nylon though

5. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I had the Verizon flexible tempered glass screen protector put on my phone yesterday. Very sharp screen display compared to the Zaag InvisiShield on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. I also feel the bottom edge. I believe that this tempered glass protector is thicker. Time will tell.

6. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

yeah I expect the tempered protector to be a bit thicker.

7. Mega Mormon

Mega Mormon Lurker

I've had the plastic Verizon wireless flexible screen protector, and I'm not impressed. My wife's cover is already flapping off (literally), and mine scratches super easy. I also hate how it covers half the buttons... Holding out for a full size tempered glass protector!

8. WAMstr

WAMstr Newbie

Turbo

#8 WAMstr, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  9. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

My RAZR got quite a few scratches with no protector. I bought the tempered glass one for this last night.

Still haven't removed the plastic yet. Probably install it tonight.

10. parkschr

parkschr Android Enthusiast

Got the tempered glass one from Verizon. Looks great! No bubbles, no finger prints either.

11. coulterjosh

coulterjosh Well-Known Member

can you post some pics parkschr

12. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

Verizon Flexible Tempered Screen Protector

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vaetix likes this.
  13. coulterjosh

coulterjosh Well-Known Member

how did you get it on without any bubbles...i can not put on a screen protector to save my life

14. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

I have been able to in the past, but this time I had one of the reps at a VZW store do it (not a reseller) one of their Corporate stores..

I need to find a tempered protector like this for my nexus 7 now

15. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

Wish I saw those pics before buying mine. Don't like the fit.

16. loooney2ns

loooney2ns Lurker

I miss my bumper case. I don't want to cover the ballistic nylon, but I do want to protect the corners. I may try to heat the bumper and stretch it to fit.

17. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Android Enthusiast

Dose it really need it? I see this phone has gorilla glass 3. I've gone naked last 2 phones no issues at all with the Incredible or DNA. As far as the screen goes.

18. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

probably not needed, but I pocket my phone and i have heard that lint will cause fine scratches in the glass, so I chose to try the screen protector..

I like it so far

Skipdawg likes this.
  19. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Android Enthusiast

Yea been carrying phone in my pocket instead if a belt case since the LG Dare. Put a screen protecter on it. Started peeling in a couple weeks so went bare and have done so since. With both the Original Incredible and Droid DNA. No issues but if they work for ya go for it. If very active you can not have enough protection for the phone. ;)

20. MoveByFaith

MoveByFaith Lurker

I bought one the day I got my phone. So glad I did as within a few weeks it had an accident. It fell face first onto the gravel. I was worried by the appearance that the damage was to the screen as well so I decided to pull off the protector and see. After removing it there was not even a single scratch despite the complete decimation of the protector itself. The protector did it's job, exceptionally well I might add and I will be getting another to replace it ASAP.

21. I got my Turbo 2 weeks ago. After 1 week it fell from my lap onto my garage floor, when I stood up from sitting in a chair. 2015031395194940.jpg

Gorilla Glass, isnt all that better. I've used the tempered glass protectors for my HTC One M7 and One Maxx. Loved them and saved those phones from disaster once or twice each.

22. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Phones more and more are reducing bezels (which can absorb the shock of drops and collisions) and going with edge to edge glass, Gorilla or not, it's fragile and brittle, and still subject to fracture.

whitehat likes this.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews