1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tempered Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maineultraclas, Dec 14, 2013.

1. maineultraclas

I just picked up a S4 today, and I want to get a tempered screen protector for it. I'm between the Spigen GLAS.t NANO SLIM or the Iloome Screenmate.

Anyone have any recommendations on the better/best one ?

I'm also going to be using it with a Seidio Convert combo case, love those things.

Thanks,

Steve

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

BLACKTOOTHGRIN Android Enthusiast

I still haven't put a Glass protector on mine yet (even though I have been meaning to for months now :rolleyes:) so I guess you can take my suggestion with a grain of salt...
    But when I was researching them all, the thing that I kept running into was some people that were using them from various manufacturers were finding that the screen protectors that covered the front facing camera sometimes caused interference. Rainbow effects and sometimes even a bit skewing under different lighting conditions.

That being said,
    I found that Mime offers a Feather Glass that doesn't cover the front lens.
    Their original style Ghost Glass (which is thicker) does cover the lens, but when I talked to them directly they said if I wanted the Ghost Glass they would be happy to cut me one in the Feather Glass Style at no additional charge. For that reason, Mime's good track record with customer service, and price point, they will be my pick when I finally purchase a Glass Screen Protector. :)
    Hope this helps.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Might I suggest Seidio's Vitreo screen protector? I MUCH prefer it to the (2) glas.tr that I had.

4. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

Zagg is highly recommended

5. maineultraclas

I ordered a Spigen glas.t slim last night, found a good deal on it on Ebay.

Should be here Thursday, can't wait to get it on and see how it does.

I've always used the cheap thin protectors in the past, but the clarity and durability of them just don't cut it with these sweet HD screens.

The thing I liked about the Spigen is that it's only .23mm thick, the Seidio one is .55mm thick.

My Seidio Convert Combo will be here shortly as well........great case.

Steve

6. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

I second Zagg Invisible Shield.

7. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I'd be interested to see how you get on with it. I hate the plastic screen protectors, they feel horrid but I've been put off the glass ones because they are strictly one shot and if you cock it up, you have to buy a new one.

Let us know how easy it was to apply and whether you managed to avoid getting any dust under it.

8. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Assuming that every company is using the gorilla glass, which my HTC Thunderbolt had, in over 2.5 years of daily use without any protection at all for over 95% of the time, it has one little scratch on it. Unless you are in a dirty environment where your hands get sand or abrasives on them often, you probably are being overprotective. The phone isn't an heirloom, you'll have it for two years or so, and then shitcan it.

9. maineultraclas

Got it installed today........and I'm in love with it. Super smooth, can't even feel it. Super crystal clear, doesn't compromise the HD display at all.

Install was super easy to do, but I did get a couple small dust specks under it. I decided to live with it, lifting it up would only attract more dust.

$22 and I'm completely happy and can never go back to the stick on film.

Steve

10. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

I put one of these on my S4 and I'm very happy with it. For me, installation was easier than polymer protecters. I have two small dust specs but they are smaller than what I usually end up with.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews