• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Temporary and Permanent 1 click root

PerkinsII

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2011
I was a bit skeptical of this at first but I have installed the app "Archangel" and now have Permanent root.

This does not require installing SDE (which many people avoid because SDE voids your warranty).

You can turn off Root if you want to but you can also set permanent root so that when the device reboots, you will not lose root!

The app is only recommended for the Archos 70 and 101 tablets with firmware versions 2.0.71 and 2.1.2 however,I have installed this with my A70IT running the latest stock firmware (2.1.4) and it worked perfectly.

The original thread is located here

The instructions are simple:

1) Make sure you have 10mb of space available on the internal storage
2) Make sure you are connected on Wifi
3) Run the Archangel app
4) Click to install SuperUser application
5) Click to get root!
6) Check everything is working correctly, try an app which needs root
7) Once you have root you can tick the "Permanent" root option to always have root.

ArchangelV2.zip

Enjoy!
It's from the Archos 101 all things root forum, but it works on the Archos 70 too.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones