• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Temporary Root

And one more thing! Does it cause issues if I copy a nandroid backup to the computer just for safe-keeping, and then copy it back to the phone in the clockwork recovery folder when I need it?
nope,no issues. i do this all the time.

Thank you so much for all of the information! I am confused though about the titanium backup. Doesn't it back the system data too?
it can restore system data,but you should not. the frameworks of the stock and cm7 roms are completely different. you will be attempting to restore system data to places where there arent places,and trust me,it will cause your phone much confusion,and youll end up having to wipe and start over.

if you are restoring system data from one rom to another,very similar rom,it might be ok to restore system data,but id personally reccomend against it unless youre restoring it to the exact same rom you backed it up from.

i dont back up or restore system data,period. just apps and app data.

Upvote 0
no,i normally run cm7,i much prefer vanilla android. but incredibly re-engineered is a nice rom... pretty much the only sense rom ive ever come back to and used more then once. its been so long since ive ran most of them,that they kind of blend together :eek: just read thru the threads and look at screen shots and pick some to try. :)

one you should look at is liquid metal. i could only use it for a day,but it was defiantely neat and different. its a really funky UI!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones