• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ten years later; still works

doogald

Extreme Android User
Jan 7, 2010
24F40F8C-4ACF-464E-AB98-918D2C10D484.jpeg

Cyberdev, if you were talking about my comment about my Razr, I remember it being reliable (and I loved its deep maroon color!). I certainly can't say the same about every smartphone I have wasted money on since. Just my experience. Better yet, to make me happy, give me back a basic wired phone line in my apartment for reliability. It may have all been old technology, but at least it worked.

Upvote 0
Cyberdev, if you were talking about my comment about my Razr, I remember it being reliable (and I loved its deep maroon color!). I certainly can't say the same about every smartphone I have wasted money on since. Just my experience. Better yet, to make me happy, give me back a basic wired phone line in my apartment for reliability. It may have all been old technology, but at least it worked.
No I was replying to the OP lol

Upvote 0
I should say that, first, it's not really usable - you cannot activate a phone this old on Verizon anymore (and it was a Verizon-only phone.) I had to airplane mode the phone to get it past the activation step (this phone is so old that the tap the four corners trick doesn't get past activation.) Second, yes, you'd have to be really, really desperate to use this as a phone or a smart device of any sort, even if you could activate it. (I was actually amazed that I could log into a Google account - if I were Google, I think I'd be blocking Eclair devices from actually connecting at this point.)

Just pointing out that ten years after it was released, the thing still actually works.

Upvote 0
I should say that, first, it's not really usable - you cannot activate a phone this old on Verizon anymore (and it was a Verizon-only phone.) I had to airplane mode the phone to get it past the activation step (this phone is so old that the tap the four corners trick doesn't get past activation.) Second, yes, you'd have to be really, really desperate to use this as a phone or a smart device of any sort, even if you could activate it. (I was actually amazed that I could log into a Google account - if I were Google, I think I'd be blocking Eclair devices from actually connecting at this point.)

Just pointing out that ten years after it was released, the thing still actually works.

I love that it still works, but yes, not actually *usable* by todays standards. HTC was a beast, and I wish it still was.... :'(

This thread makes me want to post a pic of my OG Droid that's still rocking to this day as my daily alarm clock.

I still have my OG Incredible.... I wonder if it boots up still :)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones