• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Wimbledon 2017 is in progress. But I have to say I just can't watch some of them because of the grunting noises they make. It's just so distracting to hear a long shriek well after the ball has been struck. On every shot?! Azarenka is probably one of the worst I've heard. Just can't watch her at all.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Federer is surely the greatest tennis player ever to have lived. Today he wins his 100th major title, against an opponent who was 2 years old when he won his first.
It really underlines the quality and depth of his career. And consider he's been competing in an era which includes a very strong field of top players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/47428945

Truly one of the greatest professional sports players, ever.

Upvote 0
Federer is surely the greatest tennis player ever to have lived. Today he wins his 100th major title, against an opponent who was 2 years old when he won his first.
It really underlines the quality and depth of his career. And consider he's been competing in an era which includes a very strong field of top players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/47428945

Truly one of the greatest professional sports players, ever.

No doubt one of the greatest to play the game. My vote still goes to Rod Laver. I have to admit that the competition has been great the last decade with Murray, Nadal, and Djokovic all pushing the game to new levels while Federer enjoyed his victories.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
No doubt one of the greatest to play the game. My vote still goes to Rod Laver. I have to admit that the competition has been great the last decade with Murray, Nadal, and Djokovic all pushing the game to new levels while Federer enjoyed his victories.

Agreed, Laver was one of the greats. You wonder how a match against Federer would have played out, although the difference in game styles makes it very difficult to compare.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Agreed, Laver was one of the greats. You wonder how a match against Federer would have played out, although the difference in game styles makes it very difficult to compare.

That's why I spoke my qualifier of the difference in competition of today. As you say, it's a different game today. And I'm satisfied there are more players on a greater level today. Not to say that Laver would have not achieved but it's impossible to really compare him to today's top contestants. I think he set the bar years ago and it's been raised ever since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones