1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Terraclicks virus on chrome

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by EddieSs1181, Feb 4, 2016.

1. EddieSs1181

EddieSs1181 Lurker

I recently got a new samsung galaxy s6 and within my first few weeks of owning it have picked up a virus on the Google chrome app. The virus often redirects me to random pages and I cannot go back to the previous page. I don't understand how my phone could've picked up this problem so quickly. As far as I can tell it is only effecting the Google chrome app. I have tried uninstalling it but it comes with the phone meaning the most I can do is disable it which didn't help. The URL often reads something about terraclicks which I have googled but failed to find a solution to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It's less likely a virus than an ad redirect related to the website you've been going to. Try going to a different website and see if it still occurs. Or does it occur on all websites? If it does, it's also possible an app you installed has browser hijack ads. There are no such things as viruses on your phone. Things like this can only come from something you agreed to have installed on your phone

AZgl1500 and Mikestony like this.
  3. Go to the Application Manager in Settings, find Chrome and clear both cache and data. See if that gets rid of it. If it does you will also lose your history, bookmarks etc. but that's the price you'll have to pay.
    If the clear operation doesn't work you may need to do a factory reset, back up your important data first.

Mikestony likes this.