1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Terribe Battery Life!! Advice?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi guys!

I have a Galaxy S2 on Orange UK and im running CheckROM V6 with Siyah kernel 2.6.14 and LPS as the modem and my battery life is terrible.. Over the last few weeks I have been trying loads of other Siyah versions, I have also tried NEAK kernel and many different modems, KL1, KP8, LPQ and my battery life is just bad... I have used BetterBatteryStats to look for partial wakelocks and it all looks normal, I have tried many reboots, killing tasts etc and it just continues to be bad and even gets worse with some kernels, modems etc? (I don't use a task killer by the way, completely pointless)

What can you suggest to do about it and what could the cause be? Should I just wipe my phone and do a clean install of CheckROM V6?

Also does anyone notice with Siyah kernel on the screen brightness menu, when slowly dragging the slider from very lowest brightness up to around the end of the 'Automatic brightness' check box the brightness level doesnt change at all but does with other kernels, but after that the brightness goes up as normal? Anyone else noticed that? is it a bug? Just for the record I always have my brightness on about 15% / 20% to save power.

Really need help with this cos the bettery life is just ridiculous! Thanks :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thanks very much :) - so would you not recommend a full re-install?

4. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

U might try Juice Defender (ultimate). I use it more than 6 months and once u understand how it works an u configure it to your needs it really works! :)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thanks man ill give it a go :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews