• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4

Just in case you need any more me too's. Audio on Plantronics Legend was awful and I love my Plantronics headsets. I fixed the problem with aforementioned install of 4.0.4 (IMM30B) radios. This gives the best of both worlds for bluetooth call quality and 3g/4g switching, though I wonder what the downside of using leaked radios might be.

Would love an official radio fix but this thread leaves me doubtful.

Thanks to all in this thread who tried!

Upvote 0
Just the uncertainty. They didn't officially ship it for a reason. (Though for this thread, it looks like the reason was that they hadn't messed up BT yet). I'm on 4.2.1 (CM10.1) now and I notice a bit of wonkiness when switching between 3G/4G/Wifi. I'm not sure it's the radios and most times everything works fine so I would still recommend it to anyone having the audio quality trouble mentioned in this thread.

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0
Just the uncertainty. They didn't officially ship it for a reason. (Though for this thread, it looks like the reason was that they hadn't messed up BT yet). I'm on 4.2.1 (CM10.1) now and I notice a bit of wonkiness when switching between 3G/4G/Wifi. I'm not sure it's the radios and most times everything works fine so I would still recommend it to anyone having the audio quality trouble mentioned in this thread.

The final released radios are wonky as well. ;)

Upvote 0
I've tried the leaked 4.2.2 (JDQ39) and the new radios (LTE FK01/CDMA FK02) and neither seemed to fix the in-call bluetooth audio problem introduced in 4.0.4 (IMM76K). After also trying the new radios on CM 10.1 and getting no joy, I'm back to leaked radios LTE-FA02 / CDMA-FA02 (IMM30B). Has anyone else had a different experience with latest radios?

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0
I've tried the leaked 4.2.2 (JDQ39) and the new radios (LTE FK01/CDMA FK02) and neither seemed to fix the in-call bluetooth audio problem introduced in 4.0.4 (IMM76K). After also trying the new radios on CM 10.1 and getting no joy, I'm back to leaked radios LTE-FA02 / CDMA-FA02 (IMM30B). Has anyone else had a different experience with latest radios?

That's not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks.

Upvote 0
From a guy who was unrooted, now rooted, and tried everything I can tell you there is a DEFINITE blue tooth issue since ota 4.0.4.

It is reproducible and correctable too. If you flash any radio prior to official 4.0.4 radio (including leaked 4.0.4 radio) blue tooth works PERFECTLY. But, if you then flash the 4.0.4 or jelly bean radio the issue reoccurs.

The issue may be subtle or severe, depending on how you use the bt device, but it has to do with fixed vs variable volumes. I myself, in my car cannot use bt on newer radios as I struggle to hear.

I cannot however use jb sourcery with the old radios as for some reason they drain battery so fast (had a 'sleep' issue with battery on older radios)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Are you still unable to use JBSourcery with the old radios?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones