• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Terrible Music Apps

saprolith

Jun 8, 2010
I listen to music whilst commuting on a bike and whilst out riding a MTB, I have a pair of HTC headphones with in-line controls to make switching tracks easy but am infuriated by the music apps available.

I also have the Audiobooks app installed and despite many attempts I am unable to get any music app to ignore the file containing audiobook chapters.

As a result varied pieces of audiobooks get mixed up with the music tracks, I have tried using Median, Double Twist, 3Cubed and the standard player, non allow me to just select single folders containing MP3 files and they don't all recognise the in-line phones.

Are all music apps so amateurish or is there a really good one out there which I have not yet found.

Phone is a HTC Desire.

I had exactly the same problems - it would be really handy if folder select was an option in most music players. This was the main reason I was using Mort Music Player as it was the only music app I found that could do this - you can configure which folders it scans for music - and the same for the Mort Audiobook Player.

Saying that, I have recently downloaded btunes too and find it really easy to navigate and add tracks to currently playing list so this is my new player of choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones