1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Terrible photos :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lindalo5032, May 16, 2011.

1. lindalo5032

lindalo5032 Newbie

Is there something I'm doing wrong? My photos are all really fuzzy! They were taken indoors with the zoom. Is this just as good as the camera can do, or is there a way to adjust the settings to make clearer photos?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Try cleaning the lens a little with the proper cloth. DO NOT use a paper towel haha. Since theres no actual telescopic lens on the phone the photos are taken using digital zoom. Digital zoom just makes the picture larger, deteriorating quality. Wait for the camera to focus a second before taking your photo, also make sure there is enough light in the room, and that you are holding very still.

3. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and I must admit the photo quality is not great. I find that if there is good lighting and the subject is fairly close I get very good pictures, but if settings are not ideal, the photos are not good.

I would avoid the zoom. it is not an optical zoom. Also try really hard to hold the camera steady. And make sure there is adequate light. If the subject is moving, don't expect great results.

I decided that for $150, and considering all the other things it does, I can't expect it to take as good photos as my $300 camera.

lindalo5032 likes this.
  4. RMdroid

RMdroid Newbie

Are you sure the plastic film is off of the lens?

There's no flash so you end up using longer exposures in dimly light situations which invariably introduces camera shake, or even if you brace your camera moving objects will appear blurred.

This is probably the biggest Achilles heel of our camera. But if you're like me, this is a trade off for an inexpensive Android smartphone with no contract and only $25/month for service. Such a deal!

Fix? If you know you're going to have to shoot photos indoors, bring along your "other" digital camera. Otherwise, just grin and bear it!

lindalo5032 likes this.
  5. Thorsten

Thorsten Android Enthusiast

Don't those two statements contradict each other?

If I'm using the wrong settings, even my super-heavy, super-bulky, very expensive DSLR won't take "good" photos, not even with the best (and even bulkier and more expensive) lenses. So how is a tiny phone supposed to magically accomplish what a professional camera can't?

6. MrTweaker

MrTweaker Member

Digital zoom is crap and less than useless. The phone takes pretty good pictures, much better than the Ipod touch for example.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews