1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Terrible Return Policy

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by thecomputergenius, Nov 24, 2010.

1. thecomputergenius

thecomputergenius New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    I have Verizon but only for there network. I hate there exhange policy. It's now all setteled. but listen to this. I went and got a droid global phone online from verizon. I paid $593.00 for it I hated it. The screen froze bad sound quality etc etc. I wanted to change it out for another (I couldn't because of funds on card) I said ok let me get the droid 2 she agreed. But I wanted it now. She said I can goto a store and get it fine.

I went into the Hollywood store in Flroida and spoke with mario. The store wanted to charge me $35.00 even though my phone was DOA and once I get the droid 2 I'm stuck with it. I said fine Give me a refund. Then I'll get the Droid 2. first he wanted to charge me $35.00 for the refund then he said I would not be allowed to purchase another phone for 90 days. I called customer service they said the store was correct execpt about the part that you can't get another phone for 90 days.

I went to another store and I did the exchange paid the lousy $35.00 fee but she said it would be creditied on my bill (we will see) He also said that he would allow me to reutrn the 2nd phone for a refund. I didn't exersise it because this phone is perfect.

To tell you the truth it's causes me a lot of anxiety to buy from Verizon I was thinking of Sams club next time. Verizon just lost 593 dollars the next time I decide to an upgrade. they can thank there policy and mario in hollywood Flroida.

I looked at every cell phone carrier they all do the same thing execpt T-moblie I actually called them and they will exhange as many phones as you want within the 30 day period. I think this industry has really gone down hill i'd like to use other words but i won't

Advertisement

2. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    There should not be any restocking fee charged for a DOA return. Period. The system will charge the fee anyway, but the policy states the rep is supposed to waive it.

Anytime you get a fee waived/credited, you will still see the charge on the next bill, but you will also see a credit. The credit won't be in the same place as the charge, make sure to check page 2 of your bill under Payments & Adjustments.

3. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Something
    Somewhere
    This is why I buy all of my phones and upgrades via the on-line store. I have not had any problems with the CSRs on the phone and I thinks it is ridiculous that I can get an instant rebate on line but I have to mail it in and wait when I go to the store. Also you only pay $30 extra for a 1 year contract vs. $70 extra in store. I like eliminating the middle-man and dealing directly with Verizon. They seem to be able to do more on the phone than in the stores. Just my $.02

4. Sailingmaster

Apr 13, 2010
    Something to keep in mind concerning instant online rebate and the mail in rebates. About a month and a half ago, Verizon changed the policy for most of the droids, and they now require mail in rebates even when purchased online.

5. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Tech
    Georgia
    The restock is not really a "restock" fee because phone returns can't be resold as new. The charge is to recover some of the money lost on the return. If you return a $500 device, Verizon just lost $500. Unjust...a bit yes... but understandable

6. Sailingmaster

Apr 13, 2010
    That restock fee is indeed a restocking fee, where do you think those Certified Pre-Owned phones come from? :)

7. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Tech
    Georgia
    Technically they aren't "re-stocked" because when they are sold as CPO's they become a new stock and get a new SKU. I understand what u are saying though, yes they are being resold but they are being sold as a different item.