1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Terrible Service from Verizon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by milellie111, Jun 9, 2011.

1. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    I've had a Motorola Droid since launch and have had nothing but issues with them since i've been caught in the refurb loop (proximity sensor issues, headphone jack etc.). On the 4th refurb, the Verizon rep told me that the next time they would switch me out to another model if i continued having problems, but i should give this last "certified like new" device a try because he guaranteed that i shouldn't have any problems with it. Well, of course 5 months later the thing doesn't hold a full charge and dies within 4 hours, the power button has sunk in, and when i was out of town it died and wouldn't charge. The battery is not the issue because it was swapped with a new one. It's not software related as Verizon claimed because we did a hard reset with the same results.

Any way after numerous calls to tech support, their only offer is this: since there is only a 90 day warrantee on refurbs, i can do an early upgrade and pay $250 for a new device, or i can BUY a certified like new device (Droid X or Eris for $229). I declined both and said i should not have to pay anything, with the troubles i've gone through i should be switched to another device free of charge. Plus, paying for 2 lines of service a month with 2 data plans and being a Verizon customer for 8 years, this is the first time i have not felt comfortable with being locked in for another 2 years because of this pathetic ordeal. On top of that, i paid money for the device i'm using to work within my current 2 year contract. Not for me to be "forced" and early upgrade because they keep sending me junk refurbs. The lady then said here supervisor was in a meeting and she would call me back. She called me back and left a message telling me she spoke to her supervisor and would like to speak to me again for some better options. She gave me her email address and she said she would email me. This was early yesterday. It is now today, no email from her and she did not respond to my email i sent her yesterday. I've called twice to Verizon and all they can do is email her to call my by and certain time and she hasn't.

Talk about pathetic service. Verizon is going downhill. Any suggestions on what i should do?

Advertisement

2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Honestly, I'm really sorry about your shitty experience. I loved my Moto Droid, but I know they aren't all perfect, and I KNOW that you aren't the only one to get stuck in this perpetual refurb loop. It seems you're close to getting somewhere with this manager. Honestly, I'd hold my ground for a few more days, and keep trying to get a new phone, free of charge by talking to this manager. I'm like you, and won't take shit for things like this. I absolutely agree that a phone should WORK for 2 years, and if not, they should offer you a WORKING replacement for free. Why should you pay for their screwup?

Also, have you tried going into a VZW store? It's harder to avoid a customer in person, ya know... LOL

3. milellie111

None

Nov 12, 2009
    Verizon just offered to swap me out with a Motorola Droid 2 Global or the HTC Incredible.

Which one should i choose?

4. AMTrombley0924

None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    It depends on what you want.

Want a Physical Keyboard, go D2G.

Another factor will be skins. D2G has MotoBlur, but it can be rooted. Inc has Sense, but can also be rooted.

I know that battery life on the Incredible isn't award-winning, but I don't know about the D2G.

The best route would be to look through their respective forums, and make a decision. I never make a decision like this without a little research.

Let us know if we can help you out! Any D2G and Inc owners, feel free to jump in and help this guy out!

milellie111 likes this.
  5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    You're def not alone in the refurb loop, seems to be fairly common. I'm one of the lucky few who have had the same Droid since Day 1. Of course, time has taken it's toll (as has concrete..damn fumblitis).

One thing Verizon always had was excellent customer service, and it's sad that you had to jump through hoops to get them to work with you. They could have at least offered you a 2 year contract price without costing you your upgrade. Still, I don't think that's necessarily a bad deal.

I was never too keen on the D2, but I've also never played with a rooted one. I do have two DIncs on my plan, though.

Both phones specs are on par with their current 4G lineup (for the most part, anyway). Out of the box, the DInc is a whole lot smoother (let's face it, as far as custom UIs go, Sense is tops). The battery life, however, is just about abysmal. If you're willing to root, however, you can make it respectable or at the very least adequate.

I must warn, however, that of the two I have on my plan, 1 of them has been one prob after the other (much like your Droid experience). The other, not a single prob.

Oh, and last year, I'd say that was a great camera. Not perfect, but was def pretty damn good for a phone. Course, the Droid Charge has stepped up the game in that market.

6. AMTrombley0924

None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    To the OP: Which phone did you chose? I'm curious as to how your issue turned out

7. milellie111

None

Nov 12, 2009

I ended up going with the HTC Incredible and let me tell you, it is simply Incredible! I don't know how i suffered so long with the inferior Moto Droid. HTC products really do give a better all out android experience. No lags, hiccups, hardware perfect, this thing just flies! Funny it is discontinued and "old technology" because i would still take it over many newer offerings on Verizon. Im very impressed with it.