• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Terrible service with 2.2, 2.15 radio

so hows it going? did you flash the new radio yet?

Yeah the other 2.15 didn't do anything , just flashed 2.07 gonna try it out today . I'm keeping my fingers crossed

EDIT::
Still no go on either 2.15 of 2.07... I get a wopping 138kbps download and 186kbps upload

Trying 2.05 now lol.... If that's no go Asurion will be hearing from this guy

What's really weird is if I let it sit there on 1x it will eventually show 3g then I click on anything requiring data and it instantly goes to no service . 1x is at least reliable 3g won't work at all

Upvote 0
My signal quality and speed seems unchanged from 2.1, but being in a large metropolitan area it's always been mostly good. I get good cell service at home (dbm around 80), however I use wifi n exclusively when I'm there. The n speed is just blazing!

That said, I am rooted but haven't tried any custom roms or tinkered with any network settings.

Upvote 0
Yep no go, tried every radio with the same results some worse.

Must be something wrong with the phone itself, cause I've tried diffrent ROMS, Kernals and now radios . I've *228 options 1 and 2 (not with the new radio because for whatever reason when I dial *228 on CM6 i dont get a dialer so I Can't select either option.. kinda strange)

Welp guess on tuesday I'll be ordering a new incredible

Upvote 0
so you are completely stuck on 1x?

have you tried going completely stock 2.1 and starting over?
update prl manually?

No I have not, can I go back to 2.1 just by flashing a 2.1 ROM ?

and what is update prl manually ?

noob questions

and yes stuck on 1x 3g will show up but it doesn't work the second you try to connect it completely loses service for a few seconds and reverts back to no data then makes its way to 1x

Upvote 0
well i did some searching and it looks like there are no download links for verizon prls.
prl is the preferred roaming list that updates when you do the *228. with sprint you can download any prl file you want to try and find one that works best for you. you can do it with verizon as well if you can find the files.

there is a thread here for going back to 2.1. its a .zip that you run in hboot. it will load the stock recovery, radio and rom back on your phone. you will retain s-off so you can easily get root back when you want.

Upvote 0
No I have not, can I go back to 2.1 just by flashing a 2.1 ROM ?
I wonder what happened, Jim? It just seems like it can't be hardware because you said it was working great at one point. Although it could have crapped out I guess. What is your hboot version? I did the .92 ver update some time ago.

FYI, I went back to KK #1, and set my OC back down to 998 with "conservative". Looking for a little better battery these days.

Upvote 0
I wonder what happened, Jim? It just seems like it can't be hardware because you said it was working great at one point. Although it could have crapped out I guess. What is your hboot version? I did the .92 ver update some time ago.

FYI, I went back to KK #1, and set my OC back down to 998 with "conservative". Looking for a little better battery these days.

I haven't looked at it really , I got a solid 1x connection good enough to stream white sox games and slacker so I'm good . I might try to downgrade tomorrow we'll see how things progress.

Not sure what my hboot version is , Im on my phone now so I can't really look but i'll get back to ya

Upvote 0
Yeah man I'm still have problems too.

Did you try any other radios ? cause I tried all of the radio versions available they didn't fix my problems but I did notice some had better voice coverage then otheres
Voice coverage is the last thing I care about. Its my texting mainly. If i send a mass text, i have to resent it like 10x.. I am still getting 5bars while driving around, but at work and in places ive never had problems im getting problems. Its whatever, im gonna flash the 2.2 leak and see how that works too because Skyraider is ugly to me atm lol..and nothing I wanted from it works right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones