• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Terrible static/distortion on calls

jason559

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
I recently bought the Victory at Radio Shack and every few calls I get terrible distortion, completely impossible to hear people, happens on outgoing calls, don't recall it happening on incoming calls. Only thing I can do is hang up and try again.

I exchanged the phone once and the second one is doing the same thing. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Not sure if I should try for a third one or goto a different phone.

I've searched all over and don't see anyone else mentioning this. My Motorola Triumph didn't ever do this.

Don't believe I've seen this issue mentioned by anyone. Wonder if it could be a network issue or if they're doing any upgrades in your area. I'd give VM a call and see if it's anything on their end. If not I'd say bad phone but since your on 2nd it'd be hard to say. Could the 2nd one be bad? Yes, but I think it'd be rare.

If nothing comes out of the call to VM I'd return phone if issue persists. From there you'd have to decide if you want to try another Victory from Radio Shack or elsewhere or a different phone. Guess if it was a few bad phones in a batch Radio Shack could have ended up with a couple.

Sorry I can't be more helpful other than to say I've never had this issue and I haven't seen anyone else with this issue

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. Didn't think it would end up being a widespread issue. I've tried VM and they just say to take the phone and exchange it again. Since I'm within two days of my return policy ending I decided to get an SII instead. Sad, this phone was superior, but just have no idea why it has this audio issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones