• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TeslaLED Flashlight for Droid 2

Hello all,

I just released an update to my TeslaLED Flashlight app to support the Droid 2. TeslaLED will use the camera flash as a flashlight and can be turned on via a Widget or in the app. Also includes goofy features like Strobe or Morse Code.

Free Version:
TeslaLED Flashlight - Android app on AppBrain

Donate Version:
TeslaLED Flashlight Donate - Android app on AppBrain

(I don't personally have a Droid 2 to test but I got someone else to verify it works. Let me know if something doesn't work right.)

A few questions
Does the donation version get you anything that is not in the free?
Are there brightness settings? or What is the difference between the icons in the widget settings.
Is there a way to set independent widgets, so I can easily turn on the different settings? When i put 2 widgets with different settings the newer widget overrides the old ones settings.

Reactions: ashykat
Upvote 0
Actually, yes it does work on the Droid 2 Global. It works on mine, at least. Check your settings for LED Method and set it to Motorola Droid Froyo.

Weird. I am 100% positive that I did that last time, and it did not work. I went back and downloaded/tried it again, and it works great. To the point that I'm now seeing lots of bright floaters in my eyes. :D Thanks Arj for making me try again, and Kevin for making the first app I've used that will turn on my LEDs.

Upvote 0
Will there be any problems with using this? I admit I'm just guessing here, but it seems that the LEDs for the flash were never designed to be turned on and left on for several seconds/minutes.

I love the idea of using them as a flashlight, but before I risk burning them out, I'd like to know if anyone thinks it would be problematic.

Pretty sure you have to click "OK" to a disclaimer that says you accept all risk for using the LEDs in an extended manner. Just be smart about it. I only use mine for a few seconds at a time, to find a light switch, or to blind friends. :D I also have an app that turns my screen into a flashlight when I click it (It's neat, it waits until I shake the phone to turn on, so that I can turn it around and not blind myself)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones