1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General test and gmail notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fastbagger, Apr 23, 2016.

1. fastbagger

fastbagger Newbie
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Hello good afternoon. Current iPhone 6S plus thinking of purchasing a Nexus 6P. Last Android phone I used was a HTC Droid Eris so has been a long time. What I like most about iPhone is the text and email/gmail notifications. As soon as they arrive they light up on the home screen when in sleep mode and notifies me. Once I read the email on say my iPad or computer the alert instantly goes away and updates the app badge from say "1" to none. Does Nexus 6P, or Android in general have this capability? Thank you.

Advertisement

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    The nexus 6p does have a mode called ambient mode, where incoming notifications light up the screen (in black and white) to show what the notification is. It also has a notification light that can blink to show you that you have new notifications, although I am not sure if you can use an app to have the light blink different colors based on the notification on the 6p.

The google now launcher (what the nexus 6p comes with) does not have badge notifications on the home screen badges, only notification shade notifications (which do go away when you open the app or message.) Some alternative home screens (android lets you pick from the play store as to what home screen app you want to use) do include the option to do number badge notifications on the home screen.

3. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2011
    I use Nova Launcher on two phones, with badge notifications, and it does what you're asking

Nexus 6P

The Nexus 6P is a Huawei made Android Smartphone that would be come the last Nexus device before the launch of Google's Pixel line of phones.
Tags: