1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Test Mode Nightmare, Can text but not call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by matter0ni, Aug 23, 2012.

1. matter0ni

matter0ni Well-Known Member

Sooo recently my phone, for no reason at all, went into Test Mode. I was able to use the SWEET thread by Fuzzy to get my service bars back on, and the phone out of test mode.

HOWEVER, I was one of the few who had a different Min code than my phone number. I got the # from a metro rep, and it was able to enable me to get my SMS/text messages working, although I still can't make or receive phone calls. WTF?? It's just silent, makes no noise, does nothing.

Anyone have any clue?

Using Rom#2 2.0, stock kernal, no other mods. So weird that phone calls do not work, and texts do. I'm sure its a value in LGNPST... my MDN perhaps? since it doesnt jive with min1? hmm...

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Seems like if you had text you should be able to make calls. Service is service and nothing in LGPNST enables or disables one or the other.

Sounds like you might just need to let it settle in. Even though you entered the PRL, dial *228 option 5 and update the PRL again. I have to do that every now and then when my service acts funny.

3. Fuzzy13

And your MDN is your phone number. That will NEVER change.

4. matter0ni

Yeah it's strange, I've rebooted several times and when I *228 I just get "activation unsuccessful" and a beep beep beep (disconnected) tone. Texts still work too. Baffled

Gonna try every combination of settings until I get this, lol

5. Fuzzy13

I checked my settings on LGNPST and everything looks right except theres one thing thats different than mine.

ACCOLC

Mine says 4 and yours says 5

Did you enter this value or was it already entered in?

6. Fuzzy13

Go to the "data" tab and do a screen shot of it and let me see what those values look like.

7. matter0ni

yeah the ACCOLC value I never touched, but will try a dif value.

[​IMG]

8. Fuzzy13

Everything matches what I have.

Which PRL did you use? Try a different one. 3029 or 3028 if you used 3030

I really dont know what to do. This is the first Ive seen this.

You paid your bill right? lol. You'd be surprised thats why i asked. haha

9. matter0ni

lmao actually yeah cause my gf's phone (on my account) is still working with calls/text, but mine is still text-only. i tried your ACCOLC value, no dice :(. my bill IS due today ,though. lmao. would be so funny if that was it, but im gonna keep hammering away at these values until I find the sweet spot. thanks for doin what you can though

and yeah i did push 3030 PRL before i got my bars working, so ill go back to 3029 or whatever. good idea.

10. Fuzzy13

Haha. Yeah remember this IS Ghetro PCS. They have been known to cancel peoples service days before their bill gets paid which if you dont pay your bill on time I think texts are still enabled but im not sure on that.

If the PRL doesn't work, go ahead and pay your bill so we can rule that out. The less the variables the better.

Ill try to think of any other possibilities we can try.

11. matter0ni

Wont be able to pay bill until later tonight but I just got a call from someone, and it worked flawlessly, but I cant make outbound calls. The mystery deepens!

12. Fuzzy13

That sounds like your bill homie. Call Metro and see. Tell them whats going on.

13. matter0ni

Bill has been paid, still cant make outgoing calls, but incoming works fine, as well as texting. Other phone on same account still working normally... So strange! Might just start fresh with #2 2.4

14. Fuzzy13

Yeah something is off. Honestly I think it's on Metros end. If your bill is current then there should be no reason you can receive and make texts but cant make calls. Very strange.

15. matter0ni

Hmm well finally I flashed a new rom (#2, 2.4) and wiped everything first, but still i cant make outgoing calls. im assuming that flashing a new rom doesnt touch the settings and stuff that LGPNST fiddles with. :\ im really frustrated at this point... guess ill make a trip to metro and see if they can do anything for me at all.

16. Fuzzy13

Still aint working huh?

Yeah go to the store and just play dumb. Raise hell and they will take care of it for you.

matter0ni likes this.
  17. matter0ni

think i should mention the fact that it went into test mode for no reason and i had to google the solution? or would me doing the LGPNST thing void warranty or whatever and possibly screw me? just wanna make sure i dont get stiffed for the damn test mode problem that wasnt my fault

18. Fuzzy13

Yeah most of the time it is for no reason. I dont know why it happens, I would love too actually so we could prevent it. Rooting the phone voids the warranty but can be undone. LGNPST is just a tool that is used by LG im assuming. But no it wont void the warranty because it doesnt leave anything behind, it just allows you to change some info.

matter0ni likes this.
  19. matter0ni

ok cool, thanks for the input. ill flash back to stock and mention the LGPNST thing then so maybe all they gotta do is edit a few things, isntead of saying "sorry, go home" lol

20. Fuzzy13

Metro will do edits through the hidden menu. its the same as doing it through LGNPST.

But you can only manually install the PRL.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews