• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root testers needed for TWRP/CWM/SD-EXT data

basically your just creating an ext4 partition right? you could do that with minitool partition wizard in windows without losing data.
shrink existing partion then create ext4 then make sure ext 4 is first. move if needed. you can do all this without losing data. you have to connect as mass storage.

yup

but the ext4 should be the second partition

and I am not going to write instructions on how to use Mini Partition tool

I also fear most people on here will end up destroying there data

so I am taking the safe route and telling people to get another SD Card

Upvote 0
I have a couple 2gigs but I'd be damned to find them when I could actually use them. Story of my life.

edit: Also I just made a backup, wiped all the data to factory reset and then restored that backup in the recovery and it worked no problem. :)

i have a feeling that data is getting backed up twice

once as sd-ext

and another time as /data

can you confirm

if so i think this can be fixed

Upvote 0
oh yes Candoopa, I'm just feeling this program out for now, I have previous backups on the computer for just this reason as shit does go wrong sometimes.

yeah, another thing we want to test is performance

depending on the class of your sd card, your mileage may vary

i would say use at least a class 6 card, but if you can use class 10 that would be better

Upvote 0
right, but couldnt that kernel be implemented into roms so that it should be streamlined? I'm still getting the terminology down in the not all fingers are thumbs but all thumbs are fingers sense lol

yes, anyone who wants to use that kernel in there roms, have my permission to do so

for now, you can just make sure you re-flash my zip file after you flash a rom

Reactions: neo315
Upvote 0
ooooo, that's nifty, i was thinking kernels that are programmed into roms cant solely be switched, learned yet something else today. Thanks for the headsup

the installer script in a rom can install, kernels, recoveries, bootloaders, basically any partition

it just depends on the script, pretty easy stuff, once you start looking into it, and get familiar with the way the script works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones