• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Testing Ice Cream Kangwich Theme

I've got plenty of testers now, thanks :D

OLD MESSAGE: I've gotten the core parts ported over and now I need a few testers to make sure my xml edits will work.
Now, this will not be the complete theme. It's missing settings, contacts, and a few other apks.

I only need a couple of people, 3 will probably be enough.

Just post here if you want to test it (will need to see some screen shots after you've flashed the zip) and I'll send you a PM with the download link.

***Please make sure you have a backup before flashing, thanks***

I've gotten the core parts ported over and now I need a few testers to make sure my xml edits will work.
Now, this will not be the complete theme. It's missing settings, contacts, and a few other apks.

I only need a couple of people, 3 will probably be enough.

Just post here if you want to test it (will need to see some screen shots after you've flashed the zip) and I'll send you a PM with the download link.

***Please make sure you have a backup before flashing, thanks***

Just let me know if you would like me to test it out for you I'm kind of late but i will if you need it

Reactions: KaneOfMars
Upvote 0
OK I flashed it and I don't really notice differences from the gingersteem rom to this. What should I be looking for that you changed?

Should theme status bar icons, pulldown notifications, power widgets in the pulldown, the glow and scrollbars in settings.apk, and probably mms.apk to some extent because the topbar is themed otherwise it's stock

Upvote 0
OK, so it looks like some things changed, but most things didn't.

Here is a screenshot of the main things I'm looking for to change. (keep in mind this was taken on my Revolution)
shot_000032.png

Settings and Mms were not included with the test zip, but those apps do pull pngs from framework_res so you may notice a few minor changes there.

Could someone go ahead and post a screenshot of the expanded status bar?
Thanks everyone for being my guinea pigs :D

Upvote 0

Here is a screenshot of the main things I'm looking for to change. (keep in mind this was taken on my Revolution)
shot_000032.png

Settings and Mms were not included with the test zip, but those apps do pull pngs from framework_res so you may notice a few minor changes there.

is it possible u could send me the link it looks really nice

Reactions: yaras1979
Upvote 0

shot_000032.png

If that's how it's supposed to look then I may need to retype my bug report so you know what's wrong in comparison to the pic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones