• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Testing:ROOTING A85-->Gingerbread 2.3.4

This thing is not required any more ...
MICROMAX A85

Presenting WAY to ROOT
MICROMAX A85

Gingerbread from K900 ROM​

As Google has patched all the exploits in 2.3.4 you cannot use oneclick solitions
here is the
Way to Root A85 with Gingerbread(2.3.4) now SIMPLER !
----- To be Tested -------

DOWNLOAD THE REQUIRED PACKAGE FROM HERE : Rooting_A85_BY NINAD

1. replace the boot.img from the package u used to upgrade to 2.3.4 to the new-boot.img and rename it ( after removing the original one )
  2. flash the phone with this boot ( sam way u did b4 ! )
  3. boot up device
  4. recheck if USB Debugging is turned ON ( from settings>applications> development)
  5. connect ur device AFTER installing the drivers !
  6. now run the run_me.bat from the extracted package ...
  7. VOILA ur phone is ROOTED and BUSYBOX !

Any errors plz post the cmd output here .......

Presenting WAY to ROOT
MICROMAX A85

Gingerbread from K900 ROM​

As Google has patched all the exploits in 2.3.4 you cannot use oneclick solitions
here is the
Way to Root A85 with Gingerbread(2.3.4) now SIMPLER !
----- To be Tested -------

DOWNLOAD THE REQUIRED PACKAGE FROM HERE : Rooting_A85_BY NINAD

1. replace the boot.img from the package u used to upgrade to 2.3.4 to the new-boot.img and rename it ( after removing the original one )
  2. flash the phone with this boot ( sam way u did b4 ! )
  3. boot up device
  4. recheck if USB Debugging is turned ON ( from settings>applications> development)
  5. connect ur device AFTER installing the drivers !
  6. now run the run_me.bat from the extracted package ...
  7. VOILA ur phone is ROOTED and BUSYBOX !

Any errors plz post the cmd output here .......

hi,

sorry for being a noob. but what do you mean by this?

"[*]connect ur device AFTER installing the drivers !"

what drivers should I install?

thanks

Upvote 0
@ninad,

man i replaced the boot.img with urs. followed all the process as described.
now the phone is stuck at cherry mobile splash screen.:mad::mad:

help......:thinking:

there are a few points i would like to cover ;)
1.)
This was for ( as written earlier ) the K700 ROM ! which when now released by IGyaan and Applicationz is already rooted !! hence no need of this stuff now ! it was for some earlier time when u guys just started with the K700 ROM
2.) No one earlier tested this stuff :p
+ I do not have a device :D
3.) Now i think there is no need for this stuff as the K700 is already rooted :p
4.) Now for recovery of ur device,
simply flash the K700 ROM again :p

Upvote 0
Almost Every Android Phone Can B Rooted using the above Software

sadly that is false :)

The thing is like, the Exploit used by One click ("Zergrush" the latest one ) has been patched by google in future versions of android ! (2.3.4 + )

Hence only this way works ;)

Also , for ICS ( if e may talk abt. it :D ) this is the only way !!

Hey ! ;)
but if The exploit works for A85 , then sure go for it :)
Then I do not need to develop this way to root !! ... :) ... Saved my time :D

Upvote 0
1.)
This was for ( as written earlier ) the K700 ROM ! which when now released by IGyaan and Applicationz is already rooted !! hence no need of this stuff now ! it was for some earlier time when u guys just started with the K700 ROM
3.) Now i think there is no need for this stuff as the K700 is already rooted :p

FYI IGyaan ROM is a ripoff of the stock Cherry Mobile ROM and is not rooted. I am a Cherry Mobile User from the Philippines and the ROMS are 100% exactly the same.

Upvote 0
sadly that is false :)

The thing is like, the Exploit used by One click ("Zergrush" the latest one ) has been patched by google in future versions of android ! (2.3.4 + )

Hence only this way works ;)

Also , for ICS ( if e may talk abt. it :D ) this is the only way !!

Hey ! ;)
but if The exploit works for A85 , then sure go for it :)
Then I do not need to develop this way to root !! ... :) ... Saved my time :D

I Rooted My A85 and My Friends's A85 Using SuperOneClick For Installing Titanium Backup For Backing Up The Current App's and Its A Very Easy Process & Simple 2 Steps And Takes Hardly 2 Mins Try It

Upvote 0
I Rooted My A85 and My Friends's A85 Using SuperOneClick For Installing Titanium Backup For Backing Up The Current App's and Its A Very Easy Process & Simple 2 Steps And Takes Hardly 2 Mins Try It

:p
I do not have A85 :D
Also, if a exploit works on one A85 it will work on all A85 s !!

Upvote 0
1.)

hi ninad, i fixed the phone with the dumb cherry mobile rom from Igyan...

can u please gimme a root solution for it.

all root tools including yours is stuck at waiting for device.......

Upvote 0
Hi friends,

Please use the boot.img provided in the zip and replace it in the ROM by cherry or Igyaan. I personally used Igyaan one.

Once the phone is flashed with the new ROM(with modified boot.img) then use the commands given in command.txt and execute one after the other in adb and after the reboot you will have your phone rooted.

If anyone of you want the details of prepairing this boot.img then just post in the blog.

Note if the phone is correctly flashed with the new boot.img ,straight away you can see # symbol with the "adb shell" command instead of $.

Please do copy the "files" folder in the directory where adb.exe resides on your system. This is necessary for commands to run correctly.

Attachments

• A85_root.zip
    4 MB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
Hi friends,

Please use the boot.img provided in the zip and replace it in the ROM by cherry or Igyaan. I personally used Igyaan one.

Once the phone is flashed with the new ROM(with modified boot.img) then use the commands given in command.txt and execute one after the other in adb and after the reboot you will have your phone rooted.

If anyone of you want the details of prepairing this boot.img then just post in the blog.

Note if the phone is correctly flashed with the new boot.img ,straight away you can see # symbol with the "adb shell" command instead of $.

Please do copy the "files" folder in the directory where adb.exe resides on your system. This is necessary for commands to run correctly.

Hi,
The thing is everything for A85 has reached a gr8 level !! since they have a custom recovery , they do not need this technique !! to root !!

Do check out the thread for everything : http://androidforums.com/a85-all-things-root/482367-micromax-a85-all-things-root-guide.html

:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones