• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tether a Galaxy S5 to a Tab S2 ?

A

Android Question

I ride the bus a lot (usually for an hour at a time) and the buses here don't have Wifi, so I got used to tethering my Galaxy S5 to my Windows 10 notebook via a USB cable and it works great.

I just bought a wifi-only Tab S2 though, which I love, and want to leave the notebook at home and just tether the S5 to the tablet (preferably by USB cable)...

If only :(

Does ANYONE know if this even works ? How do I do it ?

Thanks in advance for tips and suggestion :)

I ride the bus a lot (usually for an hour at a time) and the buses here don't have Wifi, so I got used to tethering my Galaxy S5 to my Windows 10 notebook via a USB cable and it works great.

I just bought a wifi-only Tab S2 though, which I love, and want to leave the notebook at home and just tether the S5 to the tablet (preferably by USB cable)...

If only :(

Does ANYONE know if this even works ? How do I do it ?

Thanks in advance for tips and suggestion :)

I have the self-same question.

I use my phone as a tether cos the wifi on my laptop went kaput and I can't afford a new one for the time being. Setting the phone to flight mode, then enabling wifi only, then turning on tethering via USB cable, works brilliantly. No performance issues, no hassle with my carrier.

I would like to do the same with my tablet when I'm not near free wifi (of course would be sharing my 4G connection rather than wifi...)

But I just can't get it to work :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones