• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
85 Bears Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i after several attempts to contact Pdanet (junefabrics) nobody there is listening or responding. i really want to give them my $30 for the product.

I spent days searching intertubez for answers (ok like about 2 hours but it felt long)

why do i feel like the behold is the red headed step child of the android phones.

I just want to tether without rooting!:mad:

Upvote 0
I've been trying to get Proxoid to work with my ubuntu netbook, but can't get it to recognize my phone. Let me know if anyone has some luck.

you never got adb working on ubuntu? I got it working on 10.4 now so let me know if you need help.

(yes I know we are not talking about adb, but if you have adb communication, I can assume there will be good contact with the phone)

Reactions: chadmd23
Upvote 0
you never got adb working on ubuntu? I got it working on 10.4 now so let me know if you need help.

(yes I know we are not talking about adb, but if you have adb communication, I can assume there will be good contact with the phone)

I got it a while ago using your tips for how to launch it. Thanks! (if i didn't thank you earlier.)

Upvote 0
I have to say this is AMAZING to be able to connect to the internet using my Behold 2 Samsung cell phone. I should have written down all the steps I took to get it to work...so here goes (I'll do my best to remember)
Downloaded the Samsung PC Studio program (found HERE)

I am not sure if this really is coming in necessary to have actually now. I could not get a connection to the program. Some of you may be able to use this program but my phone is supposedly not compatible (after doing all the live updating possible~about 305 updates to it~) So I have nothing to add about this other than: While I was trying to find out why I could not connect, I found I had to switch something in my phone by going to Setting -> Phone Settings -> USB Settings -> and selecting Samsung PC Studio. (This is in thanks to the above post from mine~read that one also for a bit more details on this step) Even though I am not using THAT program, I will tell you later on as to WHY this had to be selected on my end. By the way, all this time my phone is NOT connected to the computer.

Downloaded the PDAnet app from the market (Android) (found this after searching more from not being able to connect to or use the PC Studio program)

Downloaded the PDAnet program on my laptop (found HERE) (this is where I had a bit more problems....while installing, it popped up a HUGE warning telling me that if I continued in installing the drivers, it could harm my computer. SO I stopped and did not continue. (So it was not installed at this point) About the setting switch as mentioned above, when I was in Mass Storage selection, the PC Studio Program did NOT say my phone was not compatible and some of the features were available for selecting (just not using since I could not connect) And when I selected the PC Studio selection, thats when it said my phone was not compatible.

At this point I connected my phone to my computer (while in the PC Studio selected mode) and a window popped up automatically asking me if I wanted to install the needed drivers. Use the RECOMMENDED setting, select OK. I let the internet select and find the needed drivers and it did it all on its own. One MAIN thing you will need to make sure of is when you go to the Device Manager (RIGHT CLICK on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES, select the HARDWARE tab and then select DEVICE MANAGER) at the top of the list it should show your Android phone. If there is a little yellow exclamation symbol next to it, the needed drivers are NOT installed...otherwise it will show Android ADS (without the little yellow symbol) and that means you have the needed drivers. If the window did not pop up for you when you connected your phone AND you have that little yellow symbol next to your phone in the Device Manager, then right click on the label with the yellow symbol next to it and select UPDATE DRIVER. This should make that window appear. Disconnect your phone from the computer after installing the drivers completes.

After my drivers were installed and the yellow symbol in the Device Manager was gone, I went BACK to try to reinstall that PDAnet for Android on my computer. Your phone should NOT be connected during this installation process!! It did NOT give me that same warning this time. It will ask you if you want to reinstall the drivers or keep the one you already have, keep the one you already have, which I believe you select NO at that point.

After the installation was completed....I opened the program on my computer and then the one on my phone. I tested my connection through my phone to my laptop by disabling my home
network connection (disable, disconnect the wireless connection OR if you are wired, unplus the ethernet cable) and OMG it freaking worked!!!

Keep in mind I did not write any of this down and am going off memory of what i did. I hope its correct (since I cannot go back and redo what I did, and really dont want to have to LOL because it took a while, like an hour, to figure all this out from researching) and hope it works just as great for you too!!!

Remember, I am NOT using the Samsung PC Studio program and do not know if I still need it on my computer or not but I am NOT going to uninstall it and ruin my progress now LOL!

Please let me know if this works for you and if you have any questions as I will do my best to help you if I can!!

As stated above how I would tell you more about the SWITCH from Mass Storage to Samsung PC Studio, I did some testing as to WHY you MUST have PC Studio selected (even though not using the PC Studio program) If you have the Mass Storage selected, your phone does not show under the Device Manager meaning your computer does not recognize it. If you were able to connect to the internet through your phone using all these steps, then if you switch it back to Mass Storage from PC Studio, you will notice, you cannot connect to the internet through your phone under that setting. So again, I am pretty sure you do not HAVE to keep the actual PC Studio program installed on your computer but you HAVE to have selected the PC Studio option on your phone.

For those of you able to use the PC Studio program for connecting to the internet, AWESOME! And you should add some steps to take on here for using it as I cannot since I do not know about it (as mine always either says~using the Mass Storage~ NOT CONNECTED OR ~using the PC Studio~ Your phone is not compatible. Also I dont know if switching back to the Mass Storage option is needed for any other reason either. If someone knows a reason as to if some features on your phone may not work if its not selected or something along those lines, please post and let us know. I tried accessing my memory card while in the PC Studio option and it let me. I did not try saving anything to it though. Please let us know what the difference is for just for daily use of your phone between Mass Storage and PC Studio options....thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones