1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tether Droid to Wireless Router??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnson8707, Sep 5, 2011.

1. johnson8707

johnson8707 Lurker

Situation:
    I have a weekend home that I have a wireless printer and wireless router at. I DO NOT have a landline modem or internet connection. When I need to use my laptop at my weekend home I use PDANet to tether via USB to receive internet connectivity.

Problem:
    I can't print to my wireless printer that is connected to my wireless network, because I am connected to the internet via my Droid. Also, my children's laptop can't connect to the internet due to only 1 laptop being able to tether at one time.

Desired Solution:
    If there is some way I can tether my Droid to my wireless router, then I can print wirelessly while allowing myself and my children to also have access to the internet. If anyone knows how to do this, or of a better solution (outside of paying monthly for internet) for my problem, feel free to let me know.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chong67

chong67 Android Expert

I am having this problem. I like my router to connect to the Wifi siginal giving out by my Android phone. There is something called the Repeater thing, but I have flash my router with Tomato and I cant do it.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews