• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tether/ Wireless Hotspot Hack? (Sort of)

vdub

Lurker
Nov 10, 2014
Hello fellow Android people :)

I've replaced my W700i with an Xperia M2. Lovely little phone. Not too fancy but not too expensive.

Anyway, I'm on the 3 (Three) network in UK. My plan allows unlimited data to use on the handset and 2gb data to tether or wireless hotspot.

Now, is there a way to trick the phone into tethering/ wireless hotspot my unlimited handset data? I'm new to all this crazy smartphone stuff and would really appreciate it if someone points me in the right direction.

Thanks! :)

Jack

It *can* be illegal, depending on how you achieve the "hack". Certainly network spoofing and changing your digital identifiers are illegal in most jurisdictions, so those types of discussions are not permitted.

What you are asking is how to violate your agreement with 3, and many people are not cool with that. After all, you were the one who signed the thing in the first place. Officially, discussions of tethering are permitted, but staff most likely won't help.

You may read about it here ....

http://androidforums.com/site-updates-announcements/490815-change-in-our-tethering-policy-our-approach-some-other-content.html#post3864270

Just a word of caution for everyone else. This is not a discussion about the morality of tethering against contracts. Help if you want, but don't post just to comment, okay?

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones