1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

tethering android phone to asus tablet

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by webby1151, Dec 27, 2011.

1. webby1151

webby1151 Lurker

Looking for info on using my android phone for hotspot for asus tablet, how to tether. Im not a smart man Jenny but I know what love is..........Forrest

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Welcome to Android Forums!

It would help if we knew the model of phone as not all Android phones have the same menu options. Generally you go to menu>settings>wireless & networks and tap on tethering options. You should have both a USB tether and a Portable hotspot option.

Mind you, depending on your carrier, you may need to have an additional data plan specifically for tethering. Please check with them, or simply be attempting to tether without one may violate your user agreement and they may add the plan to your account causing you to incur unexpected fees.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Welcome to Android Forum -- Thanks for joining.

It's nice to have you aboard....Make sure to tap or click the Phones or Tablets -Link in my signature - from there just scroll down to your device model - You can then join your device's area of discussion - where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.

There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks for all Android Devices. I hope you find Android Forum informative and prove to be useful! Happy Holidays! ;)