1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Tethering apps since no root is available

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drewcam888, May 28, 2011.

1. drewcam888

drewcam888 Guest
    None
    What are people using to tether since there is no root available. How well is the app you are using working? I would rather pay for an app then pay big red $20 a month.

Advertisement

2. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    CPA
    Irvine, CA
    I am using Tethering Widget. Also did the "tether trick" to workaround Verizon.

3. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    I had bought PDAnet a long time ago on my Eris. Now Android Market has delisted it... WTF!? If Android continues to let these cell phone companies determine what Apps to use, they will fail!

Regardless PDAnet does have a "Readme" on the marketplace now that will let you download a new client to your computer... it's super gay whats going on with the Incredible 2 and with Android...

Anyway, I'm still using PDAnet, and it's working great for me

4. drewcam888

drewcam888 Guest
    None
    I heard that doing the ##778 edit causes a loss of phone data while tethered to the PC. Meaning data on the phone is dead but the pc has data. Is this true?

5. deano131

deano131 Newbie
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Pdanet works perfect. I used it on my Eris and like DFA1 and found that you cannot down load to the phone but pdanet has a install boundled with the PC software.

AS for DFA1's comment about DIN2 and Android being guilty of this it is not them it is Big Reds pressure that cause this.

6. drewcam888

drewcam888 Guest
    None
    Ok so you lose phone data while using pdanet but do you lose phone data when doing the 778 edit and the use the stock app?