1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General tethering issue with my Acer Iconia A500

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmak18, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jmak18

jmak18 New Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 rooted, installed open garden on it and started tethering, but for some reason my Acer tablet cannot see the the wifi connection, I also have an Ipad2 and it picked up the tethering signal immediately and working fine, so I know its not the tethering on my phone does not work. Can anyone please tell me how I can fix this? Thank you!

Advertisement

2. NewDroidXuser

NewDroidXuser Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem with my LG Revolution. If you figure it out, let me know.

3. Androidisausum

May 1, 2011
    I have the same issue. Cannot seem to see the phone connection plus bluetooth connection problems to connect wifi. My question is that I just bought Acer Iconia A500 and love it and I was expecting to use my LG Optimus V wifi tethering (I can use the wifi tethering easily to my laptop using wireless tether app). I cannot seem to connect it to my Acer tablet. I used PDA Net app for tablets and others wifi tethering app using Bluetooth but the problem comes to only one thing. When I try to connect bluetooth to my Acer tablet, I seem to pair it easily but on both end i.e. on my phone as well as Acer tablet I get a message "Paired but not connected". I also cannot seem to see any proxy settings in Acer tablet settings so that I can tweak it plus after pairing I cannot seem to see Internet Connection in Bluetooth Profile section to connect to internet. But on the other hand I can flawlessly (with out any problem) use my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus internet to my laptop.

I tried everything but unsuccessful and here I am asking you guys to help me.

I am pretty sure you guys out there smarter than me to give me a simple solution.

Thanks

Nick

4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    N/A
    Can I ask why you're using open garden? I have an unrooted Samsung Galaxy S (1) and I just use the Mobile AP function built into the phone and it works fine.

Surely the Galaxy S 2 has the same option? Sometimes the simple solution works best.
    -----

Ok, I googled an answer to my own question. I'm guessing you're with Verizon and that's why you can't use the native Mobile AP functionality; in which case the problem isn't with your phone or your tablet, it's your service provider.

5. kenji57

Aug 15, 2011
    N/A
    Not sure if you are talking about 2 different problems with wifi and bluetooth, but I found an article on enabling wifi tethering on an LG optimus 5.

How to enable tethering on the LG Optimus V | How To - CNET

hope that helps

6. kenji57

Aug 15, 2011
    N/A
    Check what channel your mobile wifi hotspot is operating on. I read somewhere that the Acer A500 doesn't like channels 12-13.