• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root tethering not working right!!!

I just dl'd Clockworkmod's tether app and all I can say is hell yea! its fast, I had it working in less than 5 minutes! Im not at all a guru at this type of thing, still in noob school,lol. I rec it for everyone wanting to tether, the only down side , but not really is its a trial app, good for 13 days. ill buy it after the trials up fo sure!

QUESTION: id the other tether "tether v3 app real easy to get going? Please advise..thx!

Upvote 0
I just dl'd Clockworkmod's tether app and all I can say is hell yea! its fast, I had it working in less than 5 minutes! Im not at all a guru at this type of thing, still in noob school,lol. I rec it for everyone wanting to tether, the only down side , but not really is its a trial app, good for 13 days. ill buy it after the trials up fo sure!

QUESTION: id the other tether "tether v3 app real easy to get going? Please advise..thx!

Yes on your question just need a rooted phone :D

Reactions: Freshkryp69
Upvote 0
I've been using the one that is in the roms.. just WiFi tether... it's. worked great till yesterdat. now I get a message from metro PCs saying "WiFi teetering is not supported" but only on some sites... Th and you tube work fine .. I'm rooted and everything... any ideas???

Can you post a screenshot of the error message? PrintScreen on your keyboard, paste it onto Paint, save, upload to imgur or whatever site you use.

Upvote 0
Ya you'll get that lol do you have Firefox? If you do look for an add on called user agent switcher I'll load an image in a bit that shows the settings so it spoofs that it looks like your using your esteem phone

ScreenShot:
androiduserqgentesteem.png

This is the UserAgent:
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; LG-MS910 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Upvote 0
This did not work, a google chrome fix please? Anyone else?

Ctrl + Shift + I then you will see few additional developer menus on bottom. Click the clockwork icon to open up setting.

Check Overrride User Agent. I use Other then typed LG one which is posted above.

Still I have same problem though. I can go youtube, facebook etc.. but not other sites browsing.

Reactions: ekernel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones