• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tethering on the droid

Yeah, I don't know if I can really believe that with all the people in this forum that use tethering programs such as PdaNet or Wireless Tether for Root Users. If there was a case of someone getting a big bill, I think that person would come here to post an angry topic. ;)

Was he tethering with an Android device using one of the two aforementioned tethering programs?

Upvote 0
There is probably an undisclosed red flag limit out there. I can see how someone who takes advantage of tethering month after month and has extremely high usage compared to everyone else would eventually get flagged and get a closer look. Thats really just speculation, but if 1 user out of every 100,000 uses 100x the bandwidth of everyone else, it would just make sense that he gets flagged in some way or another and stands out.

On the other hand, I too would like to see proof. Maybe he's a paid Verizon fear monger.

Upvote 0
Make no mistake, verizon can tell if you're tethering. Whether they do anything about it is up for speculation.

Things might change when they release an official droid tethering solution, which is supposed to come out soon. At that point, when you actually have the option of paying for verizon facilitated tethering, I could see them cracking down more.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones