• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering the Otimus M

If you Root your Otimus M you can download the app: android-wifi-tether.

it will turn your phone into a wifi hotspot and alow other devices to connect to it and use your MetroPCS internet. So you could let your laptop connect to the phone via wifi and surf the net.

You wont get super fast speeds, but it works. I just tested it out with my iPad and was able to easily connect and browse the web.

Below is the QR code to download the app.
chart

hey im a real newbe im about to get the optimus m for metro and what is root please explain... ive been using the samsung code witch is way more expensive than the optimus and cant do as much as the optimus m even with windows mobile. i figured when i got this phone i could tether but u have to use blue tooth to tether and i still havent figured it out.. so do explaine what i have to do when i buy this optimus m... thanks.

Upvote 0
first look here...

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/227036-new-lg-optimus-m-ms690-root-achieved.html

download and install z4root and "root" your phone. Basically rooting allows you to run software/hacks you normally couldn't.

Once rooted then go to the top of thist post and use barcode scanner from the android market to scan the bardcode and it will take you to either the market or the webpage for android-tether download it and enjoy wifi tether(also BT tether).

I used to use the Samsung Code before it got all wet, so I switched to the Optimus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones