• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tethering to PS3, Need Help Changing NAT3 to NAT2

jennafiree

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
:vollkommenauf: :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
I have been working on this for DAYS. Endless googling, forum surfing, you-tube video watching, app installs, app uninstalls, and connection tests.

My goal is to get a tethered connection to my PS3 that achieves the NAT2 setting rather than NAT3(Strict). I know it is possible! I am too exhausted from searching so hopefully someone out there may be able to help me here. I have Wifi Tether Version 3.1-beta14 as well as PDAnet 3.5. I am currently running the ROM Joyfully Optimus Android 2.3.7, although if anyone knows of a ROM in which the tether would become successful I will switch.

So far, this is what I have managed to accomplish..

• Using wifi tether, I can get connection straight to my PS3 system wirelessly with the Netd (master) setting enabled and the MSS clamping option de-selected. This is good for browsing the internet, visiting the play store, updating the system, and chatting with friends. I even connected an online game of dead island for a split second with a friend but it crapped out.

• I've tried using connectify to broadcast the PDAnet usb tether through a WIFI signal. Still NAT3.

• I have tried using an ethernet cord also, but for some reason the option to share is never there! I have followed all the directions I have come across but I am just not seeing the sharing tab.

Any help would be nice and any suggestions to buy home internet won't help!

Thanks guys :p

First get the cell phone a nice place to sit where it gets fulls bars and speed, near a window or cut a hole in the roof to set it on the roof. [yea I really did that]

Now tether your OV to a computer/laptop

Then feed the PS3 internet via that computer/laptop
where you can make all sorts of connection changes.

Though I doubt you will be able to game that well, why ive never bothered to hook up my Xbox.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones