1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tethering two Android phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by munkytown, Apr 29, 2014.

1. munkytown

munkytown Newbie

I have a Galaxy S3 which is my current contract phone with Sprint. I also have an HTC Evo 4G with no service. I know how to tether my S3 to my computer to get internet access on it but is there a way to tether my S3 to my Evo so I can get service (internet) on my Evo? I don't want to use it for calls and such, just internet access or to use some old apps still on it. Thanks!
    Oh, and sorry if this is a dumb question and is in no way possible to do lol. :p

Advertisement

2. munkytown

munkytown Newbie

I thought maybe it could be done with bluetooth but the furthest I've gotten is just having them pair with each other.

3. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Android Enthusiast

What ROM are you using on the gs3

4. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Can you not just set the S3 up as a WiFi hotspot and then connect the other phone to the hotspot?

(Think there may be carrier restrictions on tethering)

funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I've done exactly as Nigsy says. Once you turn on wifi tethering, the s3 becomes a wifi router and your other phone should just be able to connect to it :thumbup:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews