1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tethering Unlocked ATT One X on tmobile.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dukerb, Dec 8, 2013.

1. dukerb

dukerb Lurker

Help!!!!

I recently switched to tmobile with an unlocked ATT HTC One X. My plan includes mobile hotspot, but this particular phone will not tether either via WiFi or usb.

I love this phone, but this situation is preventing me from being able to do my work now. It's becoming crucial because of deadlines.

I've seen a couple other posts here but not specific to this situation. I've been told rooting the phone will help, but would like to find other options first.

Thanks vey much,

Mike
    clomasbigtime@gmail.com

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Have you looked at clockworkmod tether on Play? That's a tethering app which is supposed to work without root.

3. dukerb

dukerb Lurker

Thank you so much for this recommendation. After a little fussing, it's up and running. Happy to say I'm typing this from my computer, not the phone!!!

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Awesome, glad you're sorted :)

5. dukerb

dukerb Lurker

Now trying to figure out where to delete this thread since it is resolved. Or should I just leave it here?

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

It's cool just to leave it here. If someone else has the same problems and searches, hopefully this will help them too.

7. CMFWB

CMFWB Lurker

Appreciate you keeping this post up. I have HTC One from At&T. Recently I switched to tMobile. And ported my number with my newly unlocked one. Guess what, nobody at tmo could help me tetther or acttivate WiFi hotspot. I even went to the tmo store, no help. I called HTC were they told me you can't tether or hotspot an HTC phone once it has been unlocked. I down loaded clockwork tether and followed the instructions and BAM I'm there'd to my pc surfin browsin abd killin on crossfire again. So to both of you gentlemen, thanks. It really fuqin works. CMFWB

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews